600W inverter

Maplins are doing a 24v 600w inverter for £15 or a 800w one for £20.

I know the 600w one will be ok for running a laptop off, but what if I wanted to run a TV and possibly a console? Would I need to step up to the 800w, or higher?

Can the 800w one run from the 24v socket?

You would run them off 300 watt check wattage on tv and what ever else add to gether and thats the wattage they will draw combined

You can run a tv off of a 300W inverter

So whats the size for running a microwave…i have read on T/N about having it wired directly to the batteries ( is that a job a driver can do, or must it involve an electrician )

So whats the size for running a microwave…i have read on T/N about having it wired directly to the batteries ( is that a job a driver can do, or must it involve an electrician )

truckyboy:

You’ll need a 1500/2000watt pure sine wave inverter for a microwave.And you can get the leads to run from the Batteries.Or if your truck has an anderson lead connection.You can buy a lead and run it from there

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Looks like the Maplin ones only come with crocodile clips for attaching to batteries rather than a plug for a socket.

How hard would it be to wire a 24v socket plug on the wires rather than the 2 crocodile clips?

malcolmgbell:
You would run them off 300 watt check wattage on tv and what ever else add to gether and thats the wattage they will draw combined

Quite right, I use a 300w inverter for both my 19 inch TV and my laptop.
By the way, those are very cheap prices, snap them up, a 600w one here would be about $100.

DonutUK:
Looks like the Maplin ones only come with crocodile clips for attaching to batteries rather than a plug for a socket.

How hard would it be to wire a 24v socket plug on the wires rather than the 2 crocodile clips?

You can’t run a 600 or 800 watt inverter from the cigarette lighter socket.
Anything more than about 150 watt will need wiring direct to the batteries.

AJF3011:

DonutUK:

Sorry mate but that’s rubbish.

Blue Day:

AJF3011:

DonutUK:

Perhaps should have said to use it to it’s full capacity you couldn’t use it via a cig lighter.
The average cigarette lighter socket is rated either 10 or 15 amps, on a 24v circuit I make that 360 watts max.
If the OP thinks he’ll be able to run a microwave etc via an inverter through the cig plug he’ll be disappointed.

AJF3011:

Blue Day:

AJF3011:

DonutUK:

Perhaps should have said to use it to it’s full capacity you couldn’t use it via a cig lighter.
The average cigarette lighter socket is rated either 10 or 15 amps, on a 24v circuit I make that 360 watts max.
If the OP thinks he’ll be able to run a microwave etc via an inverter through the cig plug he’ll be disappointed.

or phoning the Fire brigade

AJF3011:

Blue Day:

AJF3011:

DonutUK:

Indeed I would be very disappointed…which is why I asked about running a TV and maybe a console…never mentioned microwaves.

:smiley:

Just a quick one too…

Does an inverter need to be ‘sine wave’ to run a laptop??

Got one of these… laptops-specs.blogspot.co.uk/201 … specs.html

I know, it’s old, but it’ll do for now. :blush:

A 300w (peak), 150w inverter should be fine to run it, shouldn’t it…■■? :confused: