60 limit on DC- anyone else had this happen?

Scenario, your tootling along on the limiter at 56 on the flat (not down an 8% with it out of cog :open_mouth: ) on a dual (A30 in Devon)
Two trucks coming the other way are flashing you a warning and sure enough around the next bend thereā€™s a scamera van
hiding on the verge in the long grass.
I do appreciate warnings like these as much as the next man but have these folk been living under a rock since April 4th? :confused: :confused:
It surprised me anyway.

i get it all the time and think ā€œthanks anyway but i,ll crack onā€ i then remember i,m in Scotland :laughing:

chaversdad:
i get it all the time and think ā€œthanks anyway but i,ll crack onā€ i then remember i,m in Scotland :laughing:

Well yeah, that maybe a problem if your in Scotland. :laughing:

Old habits. ā€¦

Doesnā€™t surprise me. Every day I see trucks braking as they pass speed cameras on d/cā€™s.

the maoster:
Doesnā€™t surprise me. Every day I see trucks braking as they pass speed cameras on d/cā€™s.

Not just trucks. It never ceases to make me wonder why I get slowed down to 40 on a dual carriageway by all sorts of vehicles. I think they see the camera, and because they have no idea they automatically hit the brakes just in case!

The guy flashing may be helping his Irish brethren :wink: :laughing:

Gembo:
Scenario, your tootling along on the limiter at 56 on the flat (not down an 8% with it out of cog :open_mouth: ) on a dual (A30 in Devon)
Two trucks coming the other way are flashing you a warning and sure enough around the next bend thereā€™s a scamera van
I do appreciate warnings like these as much as the next man but have these folk been living under a rock since April 4th? :confused: :confused:
It surprised me anyway.

So what your saying is never flash me again, by the way it has be going on for years and every where is not the same speed, so good luck with that mr perfect

Though you shouldnā€™t we all drink from a bottle, eat a buttie, some even use phones with out Bluetooth, so the flash can alert the other drivers to sit up pause the movie close their laptops and look professional :wink:

Gembo:
hiding on the verge in the long grassā€¦

ā€¦Where the rest of the Cee U Next TuesdayS areā€¦?

nightline:

Gembo:
It surprised me anyway.

So what your saying is never flash me again, by the way it has be going on for years and every where is not the same speed, so good luck with that mr perfect

Good point,but made a little aggressively.

I must admit i quite like this new game of trying to go downhill past the camera van bang on 60mph, i have no idea why but it feels like i,ve won something :laughing:

chaversdad:
I must admit i quite like this new game of trying to go downhill past the camera van bang on 60mph, i have no idea why but it feels like i,ve won something :laughing:

Done it with a Gatso couple of days ago! :laughing:

nightline:

Gembo:
It surprised me anyway.

d0ba575ba162c64e6c651a0cf7f429e8a4712c6a8387ab74333a0493809d5a97.jpg

the first thought that went through my head when the new speed limit came for the dual carriageways was I bet the police donā€™t like it now that they cant nick us for going over 50,or for doing 50 as opposed to 40 on singles,they will lose a lot of revenue if they collect the fines,they will probably find other ways to nick us though,would not surprise me