6 x 2 UNIT WANTED

Please take a moment to read this. Some of you will know of me as a well established driver trainer. What many of you won’t know is that, together with a former employee - Ray Polaine - I set up a charitable transport organisation in 1990 primarily to transport other folks collected aid to Romanian orphanges, schools, medical establishments and remote communites. In 1994 I withdrew as it became clear I had to earn a living to support my own family - but I have maintained an interest at a safe distance ever since.
To update, Ray is now driving for Wilkinsons and is actively involved with Nottinghamshire Police Aid Convoys. One of their targets is Albania and it has delivered many truckloads of aid there so far. There is now a need to acquire a 6x2 unit to collect aid from all over UK and also to join the convoys to Albania up to 6 times a year.
So here goes. Anyone got a 62 unit they want to part company with CHEAP! Advertising on the truck and whatever publicity can be made to happen is no problem. But it is important that the truck comes at “right money” as funds have to be raised from events/donations.
We all know times are hard - they’re a hell of a lot harder for the folk in Albania. Can someone PLEASE find it in their heart to help this very worthwhile cause. Not asking for a free truck (but wouldn’t argue!) but a really good deal to help a splendid cause.
Look on this as your chance to do a great deal of good without even leaving your armchair.
Please call Ray on 07931 862953 if you can help in any way. Seriously, people’s lives could depend on this.
Thanks a lot for reading this; trust me, it’s not the normal scrounging letter raising funds for some flash office block! It’s to run a truck to genuinely help people in great need.

Thanks again, Pete Smythe

PS Thanks to Rikki for giving permission for this post. Star man

I cant help with the unit pete im afraid, i just thought id mention that i passed my test with you in 94 in a merc and ive never looked back.
For which i`m eternally grateful.
Good luck with your search.

Thanks for the kind comments. All the very best. Pete :laughing:

I imagine 6x2 tractor units are virtually being given away at auction at the mo.

To THE GENTLEMAN WHO RANG ME THIS AFTERNOON. and left a message on my answerphone.

Thank you for the information BUT you neglected to leave me your phone number.
PLEASE RING ME AGAIN.

Ray Polaine