6 shifts over 7 days

Im looking for help!!
I started on tuesday at 11pm and have been out all week,i am now being told that i can legally work 6 shifts over 7 days…is this correct.
Thank you in advance :confused:

If you are away from base you can take a weekly rest of 24 hours and start again

Yes, you can work 6 out of 7 providing you don’t do more than a 56 hour driving week across those 6 days, reducing your weekly rest to 24 hours in the process. The following week you must take a 45 hour weekly rest.

Are you being bullied into low-paid overtime? :unamused:

Winseer:
Yes, you can work 6 out of 7 providing you don’t do more than a 56 hour driving week across those 6 days, reducing your weekly rest to 24 hours in the process. The following week you must take a 45 hour weekly rest.

Are you being bullied into low-paid overtime? :unamused:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Me bullied :unamused:
No, I wasnt sure if it was legal or not.It just seems odd that you can only do a six day week but then being told you can do 6 shifts over 7 days :confused:

fatty01:
Im looking for help!!
I started on tuesday at 11pm and have been out all week,i am now being told that i can legally work 6 shifts over 7 days…is this correct.

Yes you can work 6 shifts if you want to, though depending on your hours you’d most likely find it hard to do more than once a fortnight.

Your weekly rest period must start no later than six periods of 24 hours (144 hours) from the end of the last weekly rest period.

In any two consecutive weeks you must have either 2 regular weekly rest periods or at-least 1 regular and one reduced weekly rest period.
For most people this will mean that you can only have a reduced weekly rest period every second week.

Compensation for reduced weekly rest periods must be paid back no latter than the end of the third week following the week in which the reduced weekly rest period was taken.

You can do more than 6 shifts, it depends how long the shifts are.

Tuesday 11pm-2.30pm wednesday with7hrs driving

Thursday 6am-8.30pm with 10hrs driving

friday 8am-6pm with 5hrs driving

today 4am-7pm with 10hrs driving

Is this any more help?

fatty01:

Is this any more help?

Tuesday 23:00 to Wednesday 14:30 means you only had 8.5 hours daily rest.

If you started at 04:00 today you should be finished no later than 17:00 tonight to be legal because you don’t have another reduced daily rest period to use.

You should start a weekly rest period no later than 23:00 Monday, so you can do 5 shifts this week not 6.

Also be aware that you have already had 3 reduced daily rest periods since your last weekly rest period so another one today is illegal.

My mistake i finished at 1400 on wednesday.Now you need to explain this in laymans terms

I can only do 5 shifts this week because of mr reduced daily rest this week

tachograph:

fatty01:

Is this any more help?

Tuesday 23:00 to Wednesday 14:30 means you only had 8.5 hours daily rest.

If you started at 04:00 today you should be finished no later than 17:00 tonight to be legal because you don’t have another reduced daily rest period to use.

You should start a weekly rest period no later than 23:00 Monday, so you can do 5 shifts this week not 6.

Also be aware that you have already had 3 reduced daily rest periods since your last weekly rest period so another one today is illegal.

isnt 2:30pm until 6am thursday more than 11hrs rest?

fatty01:
My mistake i finished at 1400 on wednesday.Now you need to explain this in laymans terms

I can only do 5 shifts this week because of mr reduced daily rest this week

Whoops, sorry I was thinking you only have tomorrow left but you can also work Monday, so yes you can do 6 shifts.

You still need to watch the daily rest periods though because you’ve already had 3 reduced daily rests which is all you’re legally allowed between weekly rest periods.

his 24 hr period starts from 2300 and ends at 2300 the following day.during that time he must have either 9 or 11 hours daily rest.
if he finished at 1430 it is only 8.5 hrs

war1974:
isnt 2:30pm until 6am thursday more than 11hrs rest?

commonrail:
his 24 hr period starts from 2300 and ends at 2300 the following day.during that time he must have either 9 or 11 hours daily rest.
if he finished at 1430 it is only 8.5 hrs

This ^^

The daily rest period has to be completed within the 24 hour period from start of shift, any rest taken outside of the 24 hour period will not count towards the daily rest period.

Thanks for your help things are a little clearer now :blush: :blush: :blush:

fatty01:
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Me bullied :unamused:
No, I wasnt sure if it was legal or not.It just seems odd that you can only do a six day week but then being told you can do 6 shifts over 7 days :confused:

Surely that speaks for it’s self :exclamation: If you can do a 6 day week then you can do 6 out of 7. The law doesn’t say you have to have a 2 day weekend, although if I remember from my days back there the regulation weekly rest was 45 hours which could be reduced so long as you added the hours to the following week.

Tuesday 11pm-2.30pm wednesday is illegal as it’s more than 15hrs :unamused:

Bud143:
If you are away from base you can take a weekly rest of 24 hours and start again

Nothing to do with away from base, it’s now ok even if you are at home.

Eckyboy:
Tuesday 11pm-2.30pm wednesday is illegal as it’s more than 15hrs :unamused:

This is correct but if you read my next post you will see i made a typing error :unamused:

schrodingers cat:

Bud143:

Nothing to do with away from base, it’s now ok even if you are at home.

Fair enough i will never be asked to do it so didnt know it had changed

fatty01:
Im looking for help!!

how many Hour workingtime on the Tacho with 5 Shifts?