6 Points for Mobile Phones, 1st March

They’ve done drink driving. They’ve done phones. Tuning the radio has to be next. Or talking. Maybe talking. Maybe singing. If they see you moving your mouth, you’re done for.

Surprised they don’t ban kids. They’re a distraction. Anyone caught flouting the law with a kid to their ear will be made to re sit secondary education

Extra patrols in Essex and Kent this morning, didn’t catch one of On Times professional box jockey coming up the A2 hill at the hospital slip road, I saw his number plate and mounting hanging by the cable dragging the road and I pulled alongside to draw this to his attention, what is this!? He’s on the ■■■■■■■ phone, playing some game, ■■■■■■■ knob, never told him just gave him a ■■■■■■ sign.
Sapper

Driving home from work this morning… Cop car pulls out of a side road in front of me. Tailgating them is some woman in a 4x4 on her bloody phone. :unamused: :unamused:

Nice bit of enforcement there then. :angry:

How many are killed by drivers on there phones?

James the cat:
They’ve done drink driving. They’ve done phones. Tuning the radio has to be next. Or talking. Maybe talking. Maybe singing. If they see you moving your mouth, you’re done for.

Surprised they don’t ban kids. They’re a distraction. Anyone caught flouting the law with a kid to their ear will be made to re sit secondary education

Pushing “Using a phone” over into “holding a choc bar” or “twiddling the radio” is the mass culprit’s way of trying to take the public urge away from “doing them”.

“If they bother you, they might miss us” or perhaps even “If they bother you, you might repeal this law that only hurts us”.

Not good public spiritedness that.

As for me, as a law and order freak - I’d like to see 100% of people using phone at the wheel busted - and 0% holding anything else in your hand whilst driving, including your boyfriend’s neck. :stuck_out_tongue:

Church must be out, some amount of holier than owt people about…

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Hilarious, a journalist fined £200 for using phone at wheel while travelling to cover new crackdown.

telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03 … um=twitter

wheelnutt:
Hilarious, a journalist fined £200 for using phone at wheel while travelling to cover new crackdown.

:laughing:

It’s going to take him a long time to live that down :smiley:

tachograph:

wheelnutt:

Her!

Evil8Beezle:

tachograph:

wheelnutt:

Her!

I stand corrected :slight_smile:

Winseer:

James the cat:

Pushing “Using a phone” over into “holding a choc bar” or “twiddling the radio” is the mass culprit’s way of trying to take the public urge away from “doing them”.

“If they bother you, they might miss us” or perhaps even “If they bother you, you might repeal this law that only hurts us”.

As for me, as a law and order freak - I’d like to see 100% of people using phone at the wheel busted - and 0% holding anything else in your hand whilst driving, including your boyfriend’s neck. :stuck_out_tongue:

I dont understand any of what you’ve written winseer :laughing: . I was joking myself. I also don’t have a boyfriend. I’m straight.

James the cat:

Winseer:

James the cat:

I dont understand any of what you’ve written winseer :laughing: . I was joking myself. I also don’t have a boyfriend. I’m straight.

Those people disgruntled at being the victims of a reasonable safety request “not to phone and drive” are trying to play the “what about” political game that deflects blame onto people that have twiddled with radio knobs, eaten food, and swigged cans of coke in their cab for generations by this point. It’s not the “item in the hand” that is the distraction - it’s the heated conversation or concentration on the little screen that causes one’s driving skills to drop down to the level of a four-year-old. It won’t become socially unacceptable to “phone and drive” until EVERYONE seen doing it - gets busted. It has to at least become as socially unacceptable as drink driving.

The BF gag was a reference to the kinda crap that female drivers come up with as to “what’s in your hand madam?” It would be something to admit “Oh Officer, I was handling my guy here” instead of “I was on the phone” eh? :smiley:

Winseer:

James the cat:

Winseer:

James the cat:

I dont understand any of what you’ve written winseer [emoji38] . I was joking myself. I also don’t have a boyfriend. I’m straight.

Those people disgruntled at being the victims of a reasonable safety request “not to phone and drive” are trying to play the “what about” political game that deflects blame onto people that have twiddled with radio knobs, eaten food, and swigged cans of coke in their cab for generations by this point. It’s not the “item in the hand” that is the distraction - it’s the heated conversation or concentration on the little screen that causes one’s driving skills to drop down to the level of a four-year-old. It won’t become socially unacceptable to “phone and drive” until EVERYONE seen doing it - gets busted. It has to at least become as socially unacceptable as drink driving.

The BF gag was a reference to the kinda crap that female drivers come up with as to “what’s in your hand madam?” It would be something to admit “Oh Officer, I was handling my guy here” instead of “I was on the phone” eh? :smiley:

That’s not making it socially unacceptable, that’s DICTATING how society should act, a very dangerous game to play in a country that values democracy so strongly

dieseldog999:
i thnk the law for that is just another can of worms…parked,keys in ignition,sitting behind the wheel still gets you done at cabbage jobsworth woddentop plods discretion

Depends on how big a prick the cop feels like being.
I got 3 points and a £150 fine for mobile phone offence.
I was stationary, at red traffic lights, behind a bus with a row of cars to my offside. I had just exited a multi story car park and I realised id left my phone on the dash. I moved it from there to the centre console. Through the lights and round the corner, on come the blue lights in the rear view mirror. Disputed it, went to court and the statement from plod read
“The accused had his phone in his left hand and appeared to be texting. The road was busy with traffic and pedestrians”
No mention of being stationary, in neutral with the handbrake on, at red lights or that I was no where near the pedestrians or moving traffic.
The problem with laws like this is that it depends too much on the cops mood and what pile of twisted facts they put in their report

This thread just goes to show how the media can manipulate the public in to being histerical about something that has gone on for years. It’s nothing more than a cash cow. Wonder if it will mean Ptt devices too as they say NO EXCUSES applies to all. As said there’ll be a quick purge to get numbers up an look like it’s being tackled yes holding the phone to your ear us bad the law is poorly written and I think it’ll be poorly implimented

alix776:
This thread just goes to show how the media can manipulate the public in to being histerical about something that has gone on for years. It’s nothing more than a cash cow. Wonder if it will mean Ptt devices too as they say NO EXCUSES applies to all. As said there’ll be a quick purge to get numbers up an look like it’s being tackled yes holding the phone to your ear us bad the law is poorly written and I think it’ll be poorly implimented

Yup!

There are pros,and cons here, one law,rule one law brings along a lot more laws,

One should look deeper any one seen using there phone at speed or in busy traffic in town areas. Then yes give them the points, if it is with out a dout you have caused an accident no mater what sort then take the appropriate action !!!
But we have all been there at some time.?. The next law will be to stop hands free. Then we would all be back to the days like looking for a phone box That never worked : :frowning: now looking for some were to park and you would have to turn off, take out the keys, and prove you were not in control of your vehicle !!! I do know folk who have had the phone ring and pulled over to take the call and still been given a ticket and had to go on a course .in my book they were doing the safe thing and stoping to take the call and come worse of if they had carried on driving who know they may have never been done , I do think as in most cases commence should play a big part. But to day commence in most police training does not come in to it.
Keep driving safe guys

Maybe driver facing (or side on facing) cameras will come in handy to try and prove against what plod has just said against you…■■?

Maybe next on the UK govt hit list, ‘operating a vehicle whilst driving’…

mac12:
How many are killed by drivers on there phones?

probably as many as are killed by drivers not on their phones whether they are speeding or not…itl make no difference…just a revenue generating cash cow.