6 on 1 off,work 6 more then rest

Hi,
So am I right? This is legal, work 6 have reduced 36 hours therefore owing 9 hours. Then work another 6 day week and then have 54 hours rest.

I ask because i remember reading if you work six days you must have a weekly rest. Tacho law is a ■■■■■, it should be straight forward

You must start a new weekly rest period no later than six 24 hour periods (144 hours) from the end of the last weekly rest period.

Lets say you start work at 06:00 Monday after a weekly rest period, you must then start your next weekly rest period or reduced weekly rest period by 06:00 Saturday which is 144 hours from the start of your working week.

In any 2 consecutive weeks you must have either 2 regular weekly rest periods or at-least one regular weekly rest period and one reduced weekly rest period.
So you must have a regular weekly rest period at-least every second week, the week is as you know 00:00 Monday to 24:00 Sunday.

Compensation for a reduced weekly rest period should be paid back by the end of the third week following the week in which the reduced weekly rest period was taken.
Compensation for a reduced weekly rest period can be paid back by adding it onto any rest period of at-least 9 hours.

Suppose you had a regular weekly rest period last week and a reduced weekly rest period of 36 hours this week, you would need to have a regular weekly rest period next week as you cannot go 2 consecutive weeks with only reduced weekly rest periods and the compensation for this weeks reduced weekly rest period (in this case 9 hours) should be paid back by the end of the third week following this week (midnight Sunday 30thy September).
The compensation in this example could be paid back by having a weekly rest period of at-least 54 hours or by adding it onto a reduced daily rest period if you have one available making a rest period between shifts of at-least 18 hours.

The short answer to your question is that you can certainly work 6 shifts then have a reduced weekly rest period then work another 6 shifts before having another weekly rest period as long as the weekly rest periods comply with the above regulations :wink: