6 Months In and no regrets!

Hi all,
Not been on here in ages but passing my class 2 only 8 months ago i have been in my new driving job for 6 months now and i have absolutly no regrets about my career change. i guess i was VERY lucky in getting a full time job for a company that does care about their drivers. i was always told its about being in the right place at the right time and how bloody true that is. so 6 months in, the only downside is ive put on a stone and a half :smiley: but the upsides are so much more. i work monday to friday averaging 48 - 52 hrs a week. earning some quite respectable wonga. i am my own boss as soon as i leave the yard, and have seen some fantastic sites out and about. and i have the same truck everyday which you can make your own and theyre rellativley new trucks. the company are really good too. if im not sure on something its always explained to me, the bosses always have a chat to you in the mornings. and i havent got to travel 200 miles to get there everyday.
So anyone who isnt sure about changing careers or are struggling to find work, keep at it and be proactive about yourself… i was going to do my class 1 this year but as im happy doing what im doing on the class 2, i think ill keep my £1000 for something else lol.

Glad to hear you’re getting on well! Take the C+E you never know what’s round the corner…

Thats all good advise mate .Ive been back on the road 7.5 ton since april part time only 2 days a week and feel the same working for agents But hey its good expearience got Class 2 july and failed CE today but not giving up … I know i will get the Dream job one day …and soon …not much class 2 work here but loads class 1 so when i get through that test i Know il be full time … :laughing:

Its good to read that all is going well for you matey, its not very often that ANY job ticks all the boxes,

I hope it continues to be this good for you.

Take care out there and drive safely.

John.

44 Tonne Ton:
Glad to hear you’re getting on well! Take the C+E you never know what’s round the corner…

+1