6 hour rule

Hi while waiting to see the duty manager this morning about a holiday i have booked ,over heard conversationon on pgone regarding 6 hour rule driver said he had to take his 6 hour break and manager is saying get back here u not done 4 1/2 hours driving .

He says the 6 hour rule is advisory and not law ?

i dont bellive thsi to be the case can someone help me out here .

Thanks

for drivers subject to the provisions of EEC 3820/85 the break after six hours work / driving is mandatory, not voluntary. Suggest that the boss goes and reads the Road Transport Regulations 2005 (came into force around begining of April 2005) there are some pretty heavy fines or other methods of enforcing this legislation. Periods of availabilty and rest do not count when working out the six hour period.

If alot of drivers listen to what their told by managers,they’d be driving 24/7.

I’m still surprised about the amount of firms not doing anything about the wtd still

Tony b.

tonyb…:
I’m still surprised about the amount of firms not doing anything about the wtd still

I wouldn’t be that surprised, after all there are whole countries doing nothing about the WTD. :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Coffeeholic:

tonyb…:

I wouldn’t be that surprised, after all there are whole countries doing nothing about the WTD. :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

It suits me fine.Luckily i work for a firm that does the job properly.They’ve put us on a £29,000 salary for a 4/5 day week. mon-fri.

Anyone still doing 60-70 hours every week are asking for trouble.The sooner these companies are sorted out the better.then the wages for all drivers would have to go up.Instead of still seeing £6 an hour advertised.You wouldnt have to do all those hours and leave the tacho on poa when your actually unloading.

Tony b