6 days on 2 days off 5 on 1 off

I know that lots of guys drive through agencies which is becoming the norm now, but can someone clarify what I already know… if I work 6 days of various lengths anything from 8 hours to 13/15 hours then after that I must take a minimum of 45 hours unbroken rest, then the next lot of shifts can be 5 on and 1 day off…I am right so far am I ?. One of the agencies I work for wanted me to do 6 on, 1 off, then 6 on 1 off then 6 on and then 2 off, no matter how much I explained to the girl that I cant do that she would not take my answer as correct, so please guys can you confirm that I am indeed correct, and also every time I do take a weekly rest period of minimum 45 hours I can do 6 days on again…Thanks

You don’t have to take 45 off after doing 6 days, you could take as little as 24 then go again for another 6 before taking at least 45.

In any two consecutive weeks you must have a minimum of one regular rest period, at least 45 hours, and one reduced rest period, less than 45 hours but at least 24.

It is possible, depending on the hours you work and your start finish times, to do 6 days every week and remain legal as long as you get a 45 hour rest at least once every 2 weeks.

There is nothing in the regulations that limits you to 6 days, 5 days, 6 days, 5 days as it is all about having the correct weekly rest periods of at least 1 full and 1 reduced in any two consecutive weeks. What the agency wanted you to do probably wouldn’t have been legal, not enough information on start and finish times, previous weekly rest periods and so on to be 100% sure. You could have done 6 days, 1 off, 6 days 2 off though.

You could show the agency the regulations or ask them to find them on the internet but they probably would not be any the wiser !!

Perhaps explaining it like this might help … I doubt it but its worth a try …

A WEEK is sunday midnight to sunday midnight

There must be at least one regular (full 45 hour) weekly rest IN every other WEEK

If a weekly rest is at least 1 minute IN a WEEK then it can be ‘assigned’ to that WEEK

A weekly rest can only be used once

That’s the best I can do …

I work 6 days pretty much every week and its legal despite what some people seem to think. Normally goes something like 40hrs one week 45 the next then i either make up the 5hours in the week or just have 50 at the end of the next (3rd) week.

I am a waste of skin:
I know that lots of guys drive through agencies which is becoming the norm now…

:open_mouth:

It’s not “the norm”. It’s only “the norm” for people who are, through their own inadequacies, incapable of finding and securing proper employment.

By the way; cool username bro.

i tramp out 6 days every week(5 nights out) and still get my weekly rest in no problem and legal

Same here, I do 6days and about 3/4 nights out almost every week and still get my weekly rest in just fine.