6 day week

Hello lets say I have a normal working week Monday to Friday 9-5.
Is it possible to work every Saturday? What changes would I have to make to my working week?

Panick:
Is it possible to work every Saturday? What changes would I have to make to my working week?

No you could not legally work every Saturday, you could drive every second Saturday.

If you want to work every Saturday you would need a weekly rest period of at-least 45 consecutive hours at-least every second week.

What changes you would have to make to your normal working week sort of depends on what changes you can make, I don’t know how flexible your Monday to Friday job is so I can’t really say much as I would only be guessing at what’s possible.

Panick:

You could this every week …
Work Saturday between 0200 to noon

Thanks guys, if I finished at 12 noon on Saturday could I have 45 hours till 9 am Monday? (If ive worked that out right)

Panick:
Thanks guys, if I finished at 12 noon on Saturday could I have 45 hours till 9 am Monday? (If ive worked that out right)

If you finish at 12:00 Saturday and don’t start work again until 09:00 Monday you will be having a regular weekly rest period of 45 hours, you could do that every week, but the problem you’re likely to have is finding a driving job where you can work between 02:00 and 12:00 Saturdays on a regular basis.

Unless you’re extremely lucky it’s almost a none starter I would have thought, still stranger things have happened :slight_smile:

Ahh. I wouldn’t have much to do on Saturday morning so this could work.

Thanks again

Panick:
Ahh. I wouldn’t have much to do on Saturday morning so this could work.

Thanks again

You have a Saturday job lined up then ?

By the way, it probably won’t make any difference but presumably the Monday to Friday job is not driving, or have I misunderstood the situation.

Monday to Friday is driving, 7ish till finish (about 3-4) usually every other Saturday morning but been asked if I can be available every Saturday.

Monday to Friday is driving, 7ish till finish (about 3-4) usually every other Saturday morning but been asked if I can be available every Saturday.

Panick:

Not going to work legally due to the 45 hours off rule every other week

But could I have from 12 noon Saturday till 9 am Monday off like in previous post or does the 45 hours not start until the end of your 24 hour shift?

Its all a bit over complicated.

Panick:
But could I have from 12 noon Saturday till 9 am Monday off like in previous post or does the 45 hours not start until the end of your 24 hour shift?

Yes 12.00 Sat to 09.00 Mon is 45 hrs so you could do that every week.

Panick:

As I said before if you finish work at 12:00 Saturday and start again at 09:00 Monday you will be having a regular 45 hour weekly rest period, the weekly rest period starts the moment that you finish work and ends when you restart work.

Panick:

Then don’t do it :unamused:

Panick:

Its dead easy. You initially said you worked 9-5 and the guys gave you answers based on that. Turns out you work 7-3 . You asked your question, got your answers, changed the scenario, now you think its over complicated? YOU are the only one complicating anything. Say what you mean and i’m certain you’ll get a straightforward non complicated answer.