6 day week two weeks in a row

Some overtime coming up just unsure if I can do it.

Finish Friday 15:00 approx. Would have Saturday and Sunday off.

Monday to Friday. Start time 05:00 - 15:00 (approx)
Saturday off.
Sunday. 07:30 -12:00

Following week.

Monday to Friday. 05:00-15:00 (approx)
Saturday 04:00 - 09:00 (estimated finish time)

Monday to Friday 05:00 - 15:00 (approx)
Off Saturday and Sunday.

Appreciate it’s probably been done to death so sorry in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sunday 7.30 till sat 9.00 takes you over 144 hours in a working week.

You can work 6 days 2 weeks in a row as long as:

1/ you start your weekly rest before you go over 144 hours from when you ended your previous weekly rest

2/ you then need 24 hours minimum rest before starting your next week

3/ at the end of week 2, again not going over 144 hours since starting the week you then must have a minimum of 45 hours rest.

4/ before the end of the 3rd week from your reduced (24 hour) weekly rest you need to pay that back in one lump. So if you had 24 hours you’ll need to pay back 21 hours on top of your full weekly rest for that week.

I believe all the above is the only way of it being legal. Rog or tachograph may correct me or explain better.

barber90:
Finish Friday 15:00 approx. Would have Saturday and Sunday off.

Monday to Friday. Start time 05:00 - 15:00 (approx)
Saturday off.
Sunday. 07:30 -12:00

Following week.

Monday to Friday. 05:00-15:00 (approx)
Saturday 04:00 - 09:00 (estimated finish time)

Monday to Friday 05:00 - 15:00 (approx)
Off Saturday and Sunday.

Starting sunday 0730 then finishing saturday 0900 is breaking the max 144 hours between weekly rest rule - you must start a weekly rest no later than 0730 saturday

No point in going any further until that rule is rectified

I’ve been doing mostly 6 day weeks for the last 11 years. (I’ve just jacked in for a more sensible option). As long as you have 24 off one week and 45 off the next it’s okay. Assuming you don’t go over your 2 weekly driving hours.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Stu Eastwood:
I’ve been doing mostly 6 day weeks for the last 11 years. (I’ve just jacked in for a more sensible option). As long as you have 24 off one week and 45 off the next it’s okay. Assuming you don’t go over your 2 weekly driving hours.

So how are you compensating for the 21hrs reduction every other week if that’s what you’ve been doing given it has to be done in one single block and by the third week following it? Or have you just admitted you’ve been breaking the law for the last 11 years?

Conor:

Stu Eastwood:

So how are you compensating for the 21hrs reduction every other week if that’s what you’ve been doing given it has to be done in one single block and by the third week following it? Or have you just admitted you’ve been breaking the law for the last 11 years?

Question still applies.

If you have 24hrs off one weekend, therefore reducing the rest period by 21hrs, and 45hrs off the next weekend and you’re doing that shift pattern week in, week out, where do you compensate for the 21hrs reduction which as I said has to be taken in one single lump added either to a daily rest or weekly rest period by the third week?

You cannot work that shift pattern continuously as you’re claiming you have done. 24 off one weekend, 45 off the next weekend then another 24 then another 45, rinse and repeat is not legal, there’s no compensation for the reduced rest.

Conor:
Question still applies.

If you have 24hrs off one weekend, therefore reducing the rest period by 21hrs, and 45hrs off the next weekend and you’re doing that shift pattern week in, week out, where do you compensate for the 21hrs reduction which as I said has to be taken in one single lump added either to a daily rest or weekly rest period by the third week?

You cannot work that shift pattern continuously as you’re claiming you have done. 24 off one weekend, 45 off the next weekend then another 24 then another 45, rinse and repeat is not legal, there’s no compensation for the reduced rest.

Driver maybe working on a 4 on 4 off shift pattern but working 2 extra days every week whilst still getting their 45hrs weekly rest.Making a 6 day working week perfectly legal

BeakFreak81:
Driver maybe working on a 4 on 4 off shift pattern but working 2 extra days every week whilst still getting their 45hrs weekly rest.Making a 6 day working week perfectly legal

But he didn’t say he was doing that. He said he was taking a 24hr rest one week, a 45hr the next week then a 24 then a 45 etc.

Conor:

BeakFreak81:

But he didn’t say he was doing that. He said he was taking a 24hr rest one week, a 45hr the next week then a 24 then a 45 etc.

Hence the strategically placed “maybe” in my reply.As to my knowledge that’s the only way to legally work a 6 day week,every week as a driver

By saying he took a 24 does not mean the rest was 24 hours - many say that meaning it was a rest less than 45 hours

Always best to ask the question - how long was the reduced weekly rest in each case?

Conor:

Stu Eastwood:

Stu Eastwood:

Conor:

Stu Eastwood:

ROG:
By saying he took a 24 does not mean the rest was 24 hours - many say that meaning it was a rest less than 45 hours

Always best to ask the question - how long was the reduced weekly rest in each case?

Thanks Rog, these rest periods weren’t just 24 or 45’s. But all I can say is mostly I did 6 day weeks for 11 years. I was stopped a few times by visa and downloaded my card every week I was back in the yard and never had any hours infringements. It’s possible to say, finish 1pm on Tuesday and be back in sometime late Thursday. Sorry if I was notclearer

Looks like you’ve worked 7 days in a row without a weekly rest

mark1284:
Looks like you’ve worked 7 days in a row without a weekly rest

NEVER use the term DAYS when refering to the regs because the regs are by hours not days

Start sunday 10pm and finish saturday 1am can be done legally every week all year long so that would be working 365 days of the year !!!