6/1/2016 M60 Clockwise closed 16-17 for spillage

Heads up on the above,
Tanker has ‘supposedly’ hit a gantry7 and ruptured tank spilling caustic soda across the carriagewaym could be closed a while.
Roads in the area will be knackered M61 south queing etc

manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ … h-10692185

(Updated link)

not sure I’d be sat in the cab with it on fire ,unless something has happened to the driver ?

it’s not on fire, that’s insulation showing through and reflection of the Sun, don’t think caustic Soda is combustible either

Just shows how good my eye sight is ,I though the gas off it was though ?

Not sure i would be stood outside next to the cab either :unamused:
What is caustic soda?

The crashed tanker was carrying caustic soda which has now spilled onto the motorway.

Here are some facts about caustic soda (sodium hydroxide) from the UK Health Protection Agency:

Toxic by all routes of exposure
Chemical classification - corrosive
Inhalation causes irritation to the eyes and nose, sore throat, cough, chest tightness,headache and confusion
Ingestion will burn the mouth, throat and stomach
Skin contact can result in severe burnsEye contact causes pain, twitching .
So if you see a womble twitching today , ask him if he`s been exposed :unamused:

Ruined the paint job too.

Ah that explains it then. When I passed there was a Hoyer tanker behind that one but across three lanes (sideways on), I assumed that they’d had a coming together but couldn’t quite figure it as the Volvo looked like it had rolled (now know it glanced off a gantry). Obviously the Hoyer was parked deliberately and must’ve been transshipping the load off the Volvo.

Yup moving the load about.
I rember this from a few years ago, made a right bloody mess, didn’t have to tranship the load he virtually resurfaced the carriageway :grimacing:

job going there in the morning i would imagine :unamused: