£54000 a year bullshine

uk.indeed.com/m/viewjob?jk=2f32 … 277f6b99df

Not really BS. It states it includes night out money and daily meal allowance. So around £7500-£8000 a year of that is night out money and meal allowance. That takes it down to £47k which is about what they pay for a 54hr week where I am and with recent wage rises in the area that’s becoming the new normal. Lots of work just over the bridge at Avonmouth and Portbury which pays well to the point that the company my lad drives for sends a few units down bobtail on a Monday from East Yorkshire to run out of there all week and run back bobtail on a Friday.

Dimlaith:
indeed.com job

includes N/O and meal allowance which is at a rough calculation if doing max night outs and shifts is about 9K so feasibly possible if you max your hours and extra shift every other week and work bank holidays…

But more to life than working your self to an early grave

I edited the link, so it didn’t go off the screen. Colingl

You can make that amount at Tesco and be home everyday.

I was impressed when the advert advertised as 54k a year.
Less impressed when I read further down and it said potential earnings 54k a year.
I hate how employers do this.

Advertise the basic rate for the contract your hiring drivers for.

adam277:
You can make that amount at Tesco and be home everyday.

I was impressed when the advert advertised as 54k a year.
Less impressed when I read further down and it said potential earnings 54k a year.
I hate how employers do this.

Advertise the basic rate for the contract your hiring drivers for.

I’ve said it before, it’s the new meta for job ads from companies that pay peanuts. They don’t have the brass balls to post the actual hourly rates anymore as they know not even newbies will apply for £9/hr class 1 jobs, so they list a lofty salary figure then bury it somewhere deep in the ad body saying “potential earnings” - usually in the vicinity of all the guff about ‘cycle to work’ schemes that no-one reads. But to get to the salary figure you have to work 84 hours a week on night shift, do every saturday, sunday and bank holiday and also do 5 nights out as well.

45 hours…

By Wednesday and washing the lorry on Saturday at 2pm kinda job right?

There’s a reason they don’t put the average money for 40 hours in the ad.

I’m on £43k pa basic. Standard rate for p.m. drivers, and because I work weekends I get an additional bonus per day which brings it to £48k.

It is a four on three off, planned at 11 1/2 hour days, with no overtime rate.

So I generally work between 42 and 48 hours a week, which means over time i’ll get as far as hitting the next tax level.

But it is relatively hard work, does keep me fit, and some of the places we manoeuvre into are a bit tight.

If it’s on locals, it’s taking out two artics per shift. Nationals are one load. Each trailer has about 2 to 4 drops, and each drop could take about an hour.

I cover weekend afternoons, so the shift start anywhere from 12 noon to 6 pm, and end anywhere it does.