50MPH in roadworks

on the limiter 56mph works for me.or in my car cruise control 58mph.nobodys ever working in the roadworks anyway :wink:

i m glad you have apologised too. when you sit in the middle lane of these 50 mph zones (pretty much most of the M6 at the mo) at 40-45mph it is no wonder people are on your arse and getting f d off. if you want to drive at that speed move your vito to the left and let people past. i have had 3 complaints in the last week coz either i have been forced to undertake or slam on due to the obstruction causing twits that drive cars and vans.

i got the horn today from a scania truck driver, i was doing 55mph in the 50 area on the M25 heading toward’s the jct M11 ( Prat Nav told me i was doing 50 and rev showing 2000) . I stand in the lane and just slowed him down and then pulled off and when he was back behind me i did it again lol

sandgrounder:
when you sit in the middle lane of these 50 mph zones (pretty much most of the M6 at the mo) at 40-45mph it is no wonder people are on your arse and getting f d off. if you want to drive at that speed move your vito to the left and let people past. i have had 3 complaints in the last week coz either i have been forced to undertake or slam on due to the obstruction causing twits that drive cars and vans.

I agree with what you say about people hogging lane 2, they’re selfish and a nuisance and to some extent a danger on the roads but it doesn’t look like that was happening in this case :wink:

rocky 7:
when I eventually got into a position where I could move into the 1st lane

Think some people dont understand the law on this

…If the roadworks have a speed limit of 50,
That is the MAX speed anyone is allowed to travel at. NOT the speed you MUST travel at…

Lets get this right speed limits are MAX LEGAL SPEEDS… NOT COMPULSERY SPEEDS

If you cant get that in to your head then you should not be driving anything

Too many people out there needing to rush rush rush well thats fine but if the guy in front wants to drive at a lower speed to you thats his right.

The thing I do agree with is that people dont use LANE disipline

One lane to drive in and TWO lanes for overtaking

nick2008:

That is the MAX speed anyone is allowed to travel at. NOT the speed you MUST travel at…

Too many people out there needing to rush rush rush well thats fine but if the guy in front wants to drive at a lower speed to you thats his right.

You in the same world as the rest of us ■■? :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Why the authorities can’t allow the speed limit to be set at 90ks through the roadworks is beyond me.
In France they have this system and they flow really well plus the trucks aren’t all stirring through the box.
The biggest problem in the UK is lane disapline if everybody complied then we would have a much better system. It always amazes me when someone has ventured out for the day onto the motorway to sit in the middle lane at some ridiculously low speed.

Stupot:
Why the authorities can’t allow the speed limit to be set at 90ks through the roadworks is beyond me.
In France they have this system and they flow really well plus the trucks aren’t all stirring through the box.
The biggest problem in the UK is lane disapline if everybody complied then we would have a much better system. It always amazes me when someone has ventured out for the day onto the motorway to sit in the middle lane at some ridiculously low speed.

Most of the French roadworks I ever came across were marked at either 60 or 70kmh although I agree with your point. But it wouldn’t stop the car or van driver dragging his heels at 5 or 10kmh less than the truck can do, for the reasons mentioned previously

I really cant beleive some of you guys think the topline drivers in the right here!, blasting the horn and gesturing at another driver for driving through a 50mph roadworks at what they would think is 50mph.

Trev_H:
. While I’m having a rant :laughing: , why is it people with the most expensive cars seem to run out of money for a hands free kit for the phone :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

Don’t get me going on this one!
I’ve been surprised on a couple of occassions to see how many of these expensive cars are not insured!
Also,I didn’t realise that indicators come as an optional extra on BMW’s that few drivers opt for!

i used to be one of them people who flew through the roadworks on the limiter shoving cars and for the last 5 weeks i have been working on the m6 at nights in the roadworks an until your stood near a live lane with lorrys an cars flyin past on the limiter some of you want to try it an see what its like an you all might slow down a bit . it probably will take 30 seconds longer to go through the roadworks at a sensible speed an not right up the clacker of the vehicle in front an if you cant spare a single second on your journey time the job aint worth doin or leave sooner… im goin to sit here now an wait for the replys like what ******* planet am i on an do i live in the real world an all the other crap i have just read and i dont really care and im not havin a go but we are supposed to be profesionals just my thoughts :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: $

nick2008:

Well said Nick2008.