50 Mph limit (Scotland) and average speed cameras

I just stay on my limiter but then it’s set to 51 mph any way :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

You’re confusing the M90 with a dual carriageway, it isn’t, it’s a motorway and so different limits apply.

the maoster:
You’re confusing the M90 with a dual carriageway, it isn’t, it’s a motorway and so different limits apply.

I think he means the A90 from Perth to Aberdeen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You drive to the…

Speed you wanna drive to. No point in getting points and all the bullshift that goes with it.

Having said that, it might be a smart idea to pull over if necessary to let everyone pass you if you are the leader of a large fan club. Sure, you don’t have to but this subject comes up on here quite alot and some drivers get well hacked off at what they consider as a deliberate tactic to slow them down.

The problem with all this is some drivers are as thick as pig ■■■■, and the old ‘‘Limit not target’’ thing appllies here.

There was a lot of bellyaching when it was a 40 limit now 50 in England and on the A9 in Scotland aint ■■■■ fast enough for these clowns.

I aint talking about going over a bit now and again to catch a boat/reach a last drop of the day/aim for a bloody good parking place, for your OWN benefit,…I’ve done and still do all that myself, but for ME.
I’m on about the mindset and idiocy of some of you lot who have to be in ‘demented moron mode’ every ■■■■ hour of your 9, teararsing to get your work done, mostly because you are too ■■■■ thick to realise your boss is risking YOUR licence and YOUR livliehood to meet the schedules HE has set to keep you on your toes. :unamused: , plus he is secretly laughing at you and amazed you are prepared to actually do that.

Wake up you’ve got a trump card reason and excuse for not getting to where tf you’re going if they start kicking off ie…‘You are required by law to work to drivers hours and legal speed limits’ and from your point of view to keep your hard earned licence :bulb: …and they need to deal with that, not just take for granted your low intelligence and spineless servility.
If that offends some of you …tough ■■■■, wake up ffs. :unamused:

Hope that answers the o/p’s query, my advice to him is do the job as you are now doing it at 40 and 50 max where appropriate, and let the ‘‘Arse on fire heroes’’ crack on towards their first heart attack, just let them pass, even pull over, and take the ■■■■ and laugh at their gullibility.

Just ignore the others. It’s your licence your future…

Ok they may not work and just be a deterrent.
If you do long distance remeber once in England the speed limit.is.higher than Scotland

robroy:
The problem with all this is some drivers are as thick as pig [zb], and the old ‘‘Limit not target’’ thing appllies here.

There was a lot of bellyaching when it was a 40 limit now 50 in England and on the A9 in Scotland aint [zb] fast enough for these clowns.

I aint talking about going over a bit now and again to catch a boat/reach a last drop of the day/aim for a bloody good parking place, for your OWN benefit,…I’ve done and still do all that myself, but for ME.
I’m on about the mindset and idiocy of some of you lot who have to be in ‘demented moron mode’ every [zb] hour of your 9, teararsing to get your work done, mostly because you are too [zb] thick to realise your boss is risking YOUR licence and YOUR livliehood to meet the schedules HE has set to keep you on your toes. :unamused: , plus he is secretly laughing at you and amazed you are prepared to actually do that.

Wake up you’ve got a trump card reason and excuse for not getting to where tf you’re going if they start kicking off ie…‘You are required by law to work to drivers hours and legal speed limits’ and from your point of view to keep your hard earned licence :bulb: …and they need to deal with that, not just take for granted your low intelligence and spineless servility.
If that offends some of you …tough [zb], wake up ffs. :unamused:

Hope that answers the o/p’s query, my advice to him is do the job as you are now doing it at 40 and 50 max where appropriate, and let the ‘‘Arse on fire heroes’’ crack on towards their first heart attack, just let them pass, even pull over, and take the ■■■■ and laugh at their gullibility.

Well I’m not an ‘arse on fire hero’ or ‘demented moron’ just because I drive at 56 on the A9. I don’t tear arse around the place just to please my boss as I don’t have set schedules to keep and I’m never under pressure and always stress free, my jobs easy but I like to crack on at my pace when it suits me and most of the time thats driving a little bit quick. I certainly don’t drive up peoples arses trying to bully them out my way as that is one of my pet hates. Can’t lump everyone into that category Robroy but I see the ones that do exactly as you describe everyday so I get your point.

therealnasa:

robroy:
The problem with all this is some drivers are as thick as pig [zb], and the old ‘‘Limit not target’’ thing appllies here.

There was a lot of bellyaching when it was a 40 limit now 50 in England and on the A9 in Scotland aint [zb] fast enough for these clowns.

I’m on about the mindset and idiocy of some of you lot who have to be in ‘demented moron mode’ every [zb] hour of your 9, teararsing to get your work done, mostly because you are too [zb] thick to realise your boss is risking YOUR licence and YOUR livliehood to meet the schedules HE has set to keep you on your toes. :unamused: , plus he is secretly laughing at you and amazed you are prepared to actually do that.

If that offends some of you …tough [zb], wake up ffs. :unamused:

Well I’m not an ‘arse on fire hero’ or ‘demented moron’ just because I drive at 56 on the A9. I don’t tear arse around the place just to please my boss as I don’t have set schedules to keep and I’m never under pressure and always stress free, my jobs easy but I like to crack on at my pace when it suits me and most of the time thats driving a little bit quick. I certainly don’t drive up peoples arses trying to bully them out my way as that is one of my pet hates. Can’t lump everyone into that category Robroy but I see the ones that do exactly as you describe everyday so I get your point.

Cheers, …but no need to feel the need to explain your personal situation to me, I’m just another guy who drives a truck…and also I was not specifically referring to you anyway. :neutral_face:

No bother Robroy [emoji6]

As the new generation of speed cameras roll out the chances of HGVs getting nicked an single tracks and duals increases tremendously.
The clues for the new spec cameras are there if you look . Evidence of sensors built into the tarmac is the biggest clue. These are often the new generation weight sensors . Anpr technology is also being used along with speed cameras to identify the class of vehicle.
Many will quote about the tolerance of + 10%+ 2mph so think that HGVs are safe in 50 limits if running at 56 , this is a discretionary tolerance it’s not law . When a zero tolerance spell gets enforced it often will be Scottish police doing it . If a serious accident has happened recently then the authorities tend to react with increased camera vans and police activity and the tolerance goes down .
Basically things aint gonna get easier in Scotland.
Plus the new systems work at night !
Have a look at some of the operations on the 75 recently , camera vans , traffic police and DVSA inspectors .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

@Grumpyken 52’ last page post…
We all know, if we are streetwise that is, ‘that ‘They’’ are just out to get us (not my opinion the voices in my head tell me this :laughing: ) to make money out of us…, that is all the Police are about these days…end of, .while using road safety as an excuse to get public support. :bulb:

Then on the other side of things we have, as I previously mentioned, the 2hats in a transport office building their bonuses on OUR (or yours not mine) backs.
So how sensible and self preserving or absolutely ■■■■ stupid are you all?
Work that one out for yourselves and react accordinglly,
I know which way I’m going on this so I don’t give a ■■■■ what the tearsrse artists do…■■■■ em. :sunglasses:

Came down the A9 last Saturday from Inverness and at first I couldn’t fathom why on certain stretches of single track it had ‘experimental 50 mph’ signs up (or similar wording) and then back to 40 after a while? It seemed strange to follow two trucks (Woodside Haulage and one other) that speeded up then braked back to 40 again every few miles? Had totally forgotten that Scotland hadn’t accepted the 50 limit on all roads. :blush: To be fair to those two lads though they kept dead on the limits.

Pete.

im in full agreement regarding the jobsworth company golden boys who go flat to the mat for no personal reason other than to appease their employer as they are just seen as laughing stock crawlers.
but would there not be an option for those who are…

A self employed who want to crack on and get the job done.
B those on trip dosh with a similar outlook to the o/d`s
C those who just dont care about unrealistic speed limits and drive accordingly?

windrush:
Came down the A9 last Saturday from Inverness and at first I couldn’t fathom why on certain stretches of single track it had ‘experimental 50 mph’ signs up (or similar wording) and then back to 40 after a while? It seemed strange to follow two trucks (Woodside Haulage and one other) that speeded up then braked back to 40 again every few miles? Had totally forgotten that Scotland hadn’t accepted the 50 limit on all roads. :blush: To be fair to those two lads though they kept dead on the limits.

Pete.

It’s 50mph all the way from Inverness to Perth but a lot of roadworks just now dotted along it with temp traffic lights, and from Dunkeld to Perth it is 40mph through the roadworks.

dieseldog999:
im in full agreement regarding the jobsworth company golden boys who go flat to the mat for no personal reason other than to appease their employer as they are just seen as laughing stock crawlers.

C those who just dont care about unrealistic speed limits and drive accordingly?

I think me and you have discussed this before bud, :wink: , (and I aint gonna bite about ‘C’ either. :smiley: )
Do you not think that the way trip money is geared up, that a lot of it is to encourage drivers to go flat out, ie…the quicker you get the job done, the quicker you get your money.
If it was deemed illegal, in the same way road safety compromising incentive bonuses are, then do you not think that it would be a better proposition for drivers who were on it, to then work on an hourly rate for it, that way it would encourage drivers to do it at a sensible pace, for maybe even more money per trip, less pressure more cash, easier life.
Thoughts?

To the OP, I hope your original question has been answered and in true trucknet fashion we digress, lol.

The days of flying about are over, not just for legalities re the old bill, but increasingly because if you get nicked it isn’t just the old bill and totting up that you have to worry about it’s the omnipotent TC’s office that really can put everything you’ve worked for into the bin.

The roads are too congested now for it, and it really doesn’t make much difference to your overall journey times anyway.

Typical example, Friday coming down the M6 in the endless road works around Stafford/Stoke, three artics from completely different companies all jammed right up each others arses in the middle lane trying to hustle people who weren’t getting out of the way cos nowhere to go.
They passed me obviously cos i can’t be arsed trying to make progress where it can’t be made, but the two tailgating the bod in the front, who was in turn tailgating the car in front of hi, were really struggling to keep their lorries in the lane, basically being so close they had no bloody idea where the road was was one second to the next due to barely a second of view of the lane lines with the forward vision allowed.

The problem with these clowns, and what you would never get through their thick skulls, is that they made no appreciable progress any further forward, and they stuck out like the fools they were to all and sundry to boot, such behaviour will only resuls in more and more electronic systems to force them to drive more sensibly.
At the moment these systems can usually be switched off, ie lane departure, but anyone can see that the switch off option to prevent tailgating for example (ie adaptive cruise) is going to removed because these twerps lack the sense to manage their own driving standards so it will be done for them.

And another notch is carved on the one size fits all lowest common denominator handle.

Well well. Every day certainly is a school day! I’ve been on the road more than forty years, and always thought that the speed limit on dual carriageways was 60 (56) for + 7.5 tons. Reading this topic and doing a wee bit of research, I see I am wrong, wrong, wrong. (In Scotland at least, I seldom have to go to England).
I have to admit that I do tend to knock on when it’s safe to do so, and with one SP30 and no Insurance claims in 42 years, I have been a very lucky boy indeed!!
In answer to the OP, as others have said, do it your way, it’s your job and your licence. However, if you stick to 40 on A roads, then if every now and again you feel able to pull over and let the pensioners crack on, it’s very much appreciated.

On another topic. Twenty of us endured another day of CPC “training” yesterday.(Tachograph themed)
This was provided by a representative of a well known Scottish training co. Just as well we were a room full of mature Individuals with a lot of experience, as I shudder to think what the effect of this chaps training might have been on a room full of newly passed young drivers.
Hey ho, you pays your money and off you go!!

robroy:

dieseldog999:

I think me and you have discussed this before bud, :wink: , (and I aint gonna bite about ‘C’ either. :smiley: )
Do you not think that the way trip money is geared up, that a lot of it is to encourage drivers to go flat out, ie…the quicker you get the job done, the quicker you get your money.
If it was deemed illegal, in the same way road safety compromising incentive bonuses are, then do you not think that it would be a better proposition for drivers who were on it, to then work on an hourly rate for it, that way it would encourage drivers to do it at a sensible pace, for maybe even more money per trip, less pressure more cash, easier life.
Thoughts?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
of course i agree with you mostly.
i always thought the definition of trip money was illegal anyway though nobody seems to bother about it.
its a carrot of payment as soon as the jobs done at the end of the day,so its up to yourself how to make it.
you can make a good similar wage to being on a wage driving legal and theres not much of a great difference though the trip dosh eliminates the plobbers who will quite happily hang the job out without trying to tip/load or generally put themself out to make the truck pay.
trip money is liked by those that like it,though its unfair when theres excessive delays outwith the drivers remit,i.e. ferrys off,or chunnell bolloxed.
ive always driven to suit myself regarding speed limits and everyone has exceeded it it at some time by accident or design,so its only to a matter of degree based on your own judgement.
as for speed,then i prefer to use my own judgement as to risk and just batter on regardless so long as it suits me.(as do many others) :slight_smile:

alamcculloch:
Never mind what the fast guys do, as you are paid by the hour just relax and get the job done safely with no damage. Its 40 mph on single carriageways but 50 on the A9. Remember points on your licence affect your car insurance too.

Thanks Alam, yeah double whammy right there!