50 mph limit; One year on

brake are a joke anyway,as far as they are concerned all hgv drivers are murderers

truckman020:
brake are a joke anyway,as far as they are concerned all hgv drivers are murderers

Yes I’m afraid that the one ‘Bad Apple’ that initially set Brake in motion tarnished the industry forever in their eyes. :unamused: Regarding the 50 limit, the A roads in our area have a permanent 50 restriction anyway so it doesn’t make much difference to me really. However last May I drove down to Chippenham in my car to collect a trailer and followed an empty eight legger tipper from Cirencester to the M4 and he stuck dead on the 50 which I was OK with, quite relaxing trundling along behind him admiring the scenery! :sunglasses:

Pete.

windrush:

truckman020:

Yes I’m afraid that the one ‘Bad Apple’ that initially set Brake in motion tarnished the industry forever in their eyes. :unamused: Regarding the 50 limit, the A roads in our area have a permanent 50 restriction anyway so it doesn’t make much difference to me really. However last May I drove down to Chippenham in my car to collect a trailer and followed an empty eight legger tipper from Cirencester to the M4 and he stuck dead on the 50 which I was OK with, quite relaxing trundling along behind him admiring the scenery! :sunglasses:

Pete.

Good job you were in the car pete if you still have the ldv it would struggle to do 50 .

rigsby:
Good job you were in the car pete if you still have the ldv it would struggle to do 50 .

Alas the old gal is getting scrapped soon Dave, however it would hold a steady 50 on the flat on the motorway loaded with the caravan on running at 4.5 tonnes which was plenty fast enough for me. :wink:

Pete.

windrush:

truckman020:
tipper

trundling along

Something doesn’t quite add up here.