5 on 3 off week about rota over time

Hi everyone it’s been a while since I’ve been on here!
Just a quick one I work a 5 on 3 off rota a week days followed by a week nights. My question is if I work 5 ams and finish work on a Sunday at 12pm am I able to do an extra am shift on the Monday. Followed by a 45 hour break and then do an extra pm the start of my pms on the Wednesday starting at 2pm.

So
I’d be working 6 shifts straight on ams ending Monday. then taking a 45 from Monday to wednesday then doing 6 pms straight first being Wednesday.

Sounds about bent but wondering if it can be done because I’m getting my 45 in? If not I’ll have to figure out a way of doing 6 on 2 off with my rota.

Thanks for any help I’ve forgotten quite a bit because I never usually do overtime but Santa’s coming!

How long is a shift ?

Sent from my truck

Probably 10 hour days mate. Anything more then I’ll hit the 60 hour can’t really do poa on my job. Can bang it break when waiting to load but that’s about it.

Can you comply with these 4 rules…
Max 144 hours between weekly rests
At least a 45 rest in every other week
At least a 24 in a week where you do not take a 45
Payback any hours from a reduced weekly rest within the time frame allowed

If yes to all those then YES you can add in extra shifts

That shift pattern is an accident waiting to happen.Then you want to make it even worse good luck with that.
You do know that complying with hours regs is no defence to a charge of dangerous driving after falling asleep at the wheel.

Switching nights to days every week is a joke.It should be a one month nights one month days rota at least.

ROG:
Can you comply with these 4 rules…
Max 144 hours between weekly rests
At least a 45 rest in every other week
At least a 24 in a week where you do not take a 45
Payback any hours from a reduced weekly rest within the time frame allowed

If yes to all those then YES you can add in extra shifts

Thank you for the reply ROG.
So let’s say I did 6 shifts with a 45 at the end but that 45 hour break rolled into 8 days would that still count or would that be a reduced?

Back in the day on Monday to Friday I just did 6 on 1 off 5 on 2 off to save confusion.

No such thing as DAYS in the regs
Everything is done by hours
There is the fixed WEEK which is sunday midnight to sunday midnight
There must be a weekly rest for every fixed week
A weekly rest that includes sunday midnight can only be used for one fixed week UNLESS it has enough hours so it can be split into two weekly rests

Carryfast:
That shift pattern is an accident waiting to happen.Then you want to make it even worse good luck with that.
You do know that complying with hours regs is no defence to a charge of dangerous driving after falling asleep at the wheel.

Switching nights to days every week is a joke.It should be a one month nights one month days rota at least.

What a plonker you are

robthedog:

Carryfast:

What a plonker you are

But it isn’t me who’ll be sitting in the jail cell when it all goes horribly wrong begging for leniency.

Carryfast:

robthedog:

Carryfast:

What a plonker you are

But it isn’t me who’ll be sitting in the jail cell when it all goes horribly wrong begging for leniency.

Correct as I think your already in a padded cell with a straight jacket on judging your posts

Carryfast:

Believe me I don’t do it out of choice…
I’ve been fine for the last 14 months doing it.
As for the overtime it’s not going to be all the time I’m gonna do 6 days 45 6 nights maybe once a month.