5 Axles foreign artic gross/max weight

Hi pretty much what the heading says just double checking that regardless to the wagon being foreign its max weight should still be 40 tonne on five axles not 44?,while loaded in the UK, though they can be rated higher than 40 i think? but still not 44? sorry if been asked before just wanna find out been bugging me lol
cheers for any replies

Yep 40t.

RB84:
Hi pretty much what the heading says just double checking that regardless to the wagon being foreign its max weight should still be 40 tonne on five axles not 44?,while loaded in the UK, though they can be rated higher than 40 i think? but still not 44? sorry if been asked before just wanna find out been bugging me lol
cheers for any replies

ECS taking the urine :grimacing: out of it at the minute :unamused:

Concretejim:
Yep 40t.

Fatboy slimslow:

RB84:
cheers for any replies

ECS taking the urine :grimacing: out of it at the minute :unamused:

Thanks just wanted to get a bit of a wider audiences knowledge than just myself and google :laughing:

in UK.Yes.
But in Benelux they go with 5 Axle with 44 Ton

freights.eu/article/regulations/ … tries.html

Going off topic slightly would I be right to think that i can only go to 40 tonne with my 26 tonne rigid and 18 tonne gross tandem trailer ?

Punchy Dan:
Going off topic slightly would I be right to think that i can only go to 40 tonne with my 26 tonne rigid and 18 tonne gross tandem trailer ?

The Gov doesnt know 2 Axle Draw Bar Trailers

gov.uk/government/uploads/s … eights.pdf

Immigrant:

Punchy Dan:

The Gov doesnt know 2 Axle Draw Bar Trailers

gov.uk/government/uploads/s … eights.pdf

They regard 3 + 2 the same as 2 + 3.While gross weight limits over rule axle weights in which artics and arguably close coupled drawbars have the disadvantage of higher drive axle weights for a given gross weight than A Frame drawbars.

IE gross combination weight v gross train weight.In which they don’t differentiate between the different types of weight or therefore the difference between artics or drawbars nor the advantages of A frame drawbars v artics, or close coupled drawbars,in that regard.Which is where the anomaly seems to originate.

Punchy Dan:

As far as I know you can go to 40t if your trailer is running on steel or 41t if it’s on air.

I run at 44 ton on 5 axles in the Benelux (Belgian reg), but defo 40 ton in the UK…