4m high curtainsider

are they to low for general haulage ?

depends on internal opening height

i had one for a while, not a problem (apart from 1 job), before that, my ex boss had 7 of them with no problems

I used a 4m on general work in between trips to Spain for a few years and it was quite an old trailer (1997) with only just over 2.45 side access, the latest 4M trailers like SDC & Schmitz have almost 2.6m now. It can be hard strapping timber (but I always got it all in) and sometimes you’ll struggle with a tall pallet load but I don’t think I ever had to leave without a load I’d gone for, the company I did most of my UK work for knew how high my trailer was and worked me accordingly.

The UK standard is of course 4.2 but with a little bit of thought and consideration you shouldn’t have too much trouble, I didn’t.

Ross.

theres some tidy euroliners about now, find one with a coil well as well and give your self even more options, grays rentals at hull usually have a few for sale, thats where i got my van hool from with full length coil well, very tidy trailer for 5k

We have a 4m schmitz curtain for euro work and is used in uk , has a 2.85m clearance through curtains , obviously there are jobs its not suitable for , double stacked wont happen but if your customer base is mainly single stacked wont be a problem. :wink:

young trucker:
We have a 4m schmitz curtain for euro work and is used in uk , has a 2.85m clearance through curtains , obviously there are jobs its not suitable for , double stacked wont happen but if your customer base is mainly single stacked wont be a problem. :wink:

Young trucker, there’s no way a 4m O/H trailer can have a 2.85 clearance unless it’s a ‘Mega’. Do the maths, the 5th wheel will be around 1.2m, the neck (& floor thickness) will be at least 100mm, then there’s the roof thickness of at least 50mm, add these to your 2.85 which will make the minimum trailer height of 4.25m!!

Ross.

bigr250:

young trucker:

Young trucker, there’s no way a 4m O/H trailer can have a 2.85 clearance unless it’s a ‘Mega’. Do the maths, the 5th wheel will be around 1.2m, the neck (& floor thickness) will be at least 100mm, then there’s the roof thickness of at least 50mm, add these to your 2.85 which will make the minimum trailer height of 4.25m!!

Ross.[/quote

My mistake that should have read 2.65m internal , its based on an 1150mm fifth wheel height thats why when we go through mont blanc with a standard 6x2 unit at 1300mm they usually dont look too happy :smiley: :smiley: