4G mini wi/fi

I have been considering purchasing a mini wi/fi to give use of a tablet or laptop when out around the country , Three mobile or EE seem to both seem to supply this type of unit , have any of gents out there any experience with them , many thanks in advance .

I tether…

My tablet to my phone. My monthly plan with Three gives me 12 gig of data and I’ve never come close to using the entire allowance.

I don’t fully understand the benefits of mi-fi (think that’s the term) when tethering gives you all you need anyway. As soon as I get in the motor, I switch on the link on my phone and bingo, internet and streaming onto my tablet for as long as I want.

just get an unlimited data plan, and tether from your phone!

I’m a tetherer and get 25gb per month which I usually use. Mi-fi is pointless really.

tommymanc:

Check before doing this as some unlimited plans limit the data for tethering

kcrussell25:

tommymanc:

Check before doing this as some unlimited plans limit the data for tethering

Indeed. There’s usually a limit on tethering. I think you usually have to ask too as they don’t make it obvious.

shugg:
I have been considering purchasing a mini wi/fi to give use of a tablet or laptop when out around the country , Three mobile or EE seem to both seem to supply this type of unit , have any of gents out there any experience with them , many thanks in advance .

The memsahib daughter is away at uni with three other data hungry students. The uni has sent them a EE mifi box and it hasn’t let them down, it’s on permanent charge, can’t tell you about cost though

I had an EE mifi as my main wifi. Got rid of the home broadband and phone line and sky tv when my father died as I couldn’t see the point of them when I was never home .
The main problem with the mifi is that they don’t last , it’s usually a two year contract and I had two of the EE yellow and black mifi devices that melted before the contract renewal date .
Although most of the providers advertise 4g you often only get 3g or less depending on the area you are in at the time .
These days I use my phone and tether my tablet or laptop . I am on giff gaff , £25pm for unlimited data , calls and text . The data is 4g for 20gb then it drops to 3g .
If doing European work look out for the plans that work the same in Europe as they do in the UK , the free wifi in the services in many parts of Europe seems to work far better than the UK just make sure that you have protection on your systems .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I have a Vodafone MiFi and it’s been all around Europe with me and to Morocco

My data agreement for the phone isn’t large so the MiFi suits me and works well. Vodafone don’t charge roaming anymore so it’s always the same cost wherever I am

I see they do data rollover plans now so I would suggest one of them as I don’t use it every month, it depends where I am working and what I am doing

good_friend:
I have a Vodafone MiFi and it’s been all around Europe with me and to Morocco

My data agreement for the phone isn’t large so the MiFi suits me and works well. Vodafone don’t charge roaming anymore so it’s always the same cost wherever I am

I see they do data rollover plans now so I would suggest one of them as I don’t use it every month, it depends where I am working and what I am doing

I have one of these too, I find it very good and the signal is excellent 99% of the time. Parts where I get H+ with my phone I’m getting 4G off the MiFi box.

As I’m hardly home its my house WiFi as well, it’s less than £30 a month for 50gb.

Phone on Vodaphone but the unlocked MiFi is on EE payg and does the job for me better speed and coverage here in Aberdeenshire.

three now do a unlimited data contract with no speed throttling,

I tether all devices to my work phone and let them worry about the data usage :laughing:

qwakers:
three now do a unlimited data contract with no speed throttling,

Unlimited but
Only 30g to be used as a hotspot

nope. theyve removed that caveat. its now totally unlimited.
3g.co.uk/unlimited-data-plans