48HR Contract pros and cons

Hi could anybody who’s on a 48hr salary contract let me know the pros and cons as I am not fully understanding how it works DHL offering 48hr for 5 on 2 off ? much appreciated.

Surely if it’s 48 hr salary contract ,the pros are if you do 30 hrs you get paid 48 hrs and the cons are if you do 60 hrs you get paid 48 hrs ,or that’s how it worked for me in jobs I’ve had in the past

your gonna get paid a min 48hrs pay for working 5/7

mastesallan:
Hi could anybody who’s on a 48hr salary contract let me know the pros and cons as I am not fully understanding how it works DHL offering 48hr for 5 on 2 off ? much appreciated.

will you get paid 48 hours for holidays sick leave etc? you on SSP you getting a pension blah blah blah. will you get paid 48 if you only do a 38 hour week etc

Need to know what DHL contract it is to tell you the pros and cons. Shared user, B&Q , sainsburys? Etc etc

Shared user is very different from B&Q if you get my drift

I’m on a 48 hr contract, guaranteed 48 hrs pay even if it’s a 40 week, you take the rough with the smooth because there’ll be times when you go over your 48 hrs in a week and times that you don’t. We get overtime on our rest days if we choose to work any of them. I do 5 on 3 off which means 5 weeks out of 8 i only work a 4 day week which can help to keep the hours down.
As for pension, sick pay that’ll be upto each company.

as above the only one I know about often during peak times do over the 48 but are under it during quiet times.

if your gonna moan about 60 hours in peak and 35 when its quiet look elsewhere.

Think it would depend on what your mean average duties hours were? So if you find your self working 55 hours average including POA, Driving and Work (I also get paid Breaks :laughing: ), your not going to benefit!

Trick is not to use POA anymore and book minimum break. So no more POA when waiting for a load its work!

on the run:
Trick is not to use POA anymore and book minimum break. So no more POA when waiting for a load its work!

Precisely what I do pretty much basic 45 min break everyday showing on the card and timesheet. :wink:

mastesallan:

Just from what you saying seems simple enough to understand,your going to get paid 48 hrs per week,to work 5from 7.

bald bloke:

on the run:

Precisely what I do pretty much basic 45 min break everyday showing on the card and timesheet. :wink:

Christ is till cant get my hours up to 48 by doing that :open_mouth:

This week I’ll reach the max dizzy heights of

45hrs

and that’s with bare min breaks :open_mouth: HELP I need to do more hours

Like chuff I do :wink:

I’m on a 5 from 7. 48 hour contract. If I do less than 10 hours one day I still get my 10 hours paid. If I do 12 hours I get 2 hours at time and a half. Come the end of the week I could of done 4 x 8 hours and a 15 hour day so would get paid 55.5 hours.
All my holidays are based on 48 hours including full sick pay. Do from me there’s not many cons to my 48 hours.

if you’re doing lots of hours,towards the end of your 26 week period they will have to reduce your hours to get you down to the 48hr average week.as others have said…don’t use POA!