48 hrs for rtd

i tramp all week and to be honest i don’t give much thought for the rtd, as long as my driving hours and duty times are correct as far as the rest goes who gives a monkies, our office don’t seem to worry so why should i.

so i thought to myself lets see what i am actually doing(in a moment of madness), am i compliant or am i miles adrift! now i have been using the truckertimer app on my phone for a while now and as i drive a anologe tacho truck its has been working very well and accurate to boot. so had a look at the report and over the last 17 weeks my average has come back at 48 hrs 38 mins :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

now we are pushed quite hard on here, max hours per week always doing 2x10hr drives and to be honest i don’t much bother with POA’S just breaks and leave the thing on other work,

so if i have managed that average without even thinking about it, what is the point of it!? i am still doing the same work now, and to be honest possibly more than before it was introduced, it hasn’t done anything to reduce my working week or the time i spend at work. The only thing i can see its given me more to worry about.

what are others views on this because mine is ITS A COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME AND EFFORT :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Of course its mainly a waste of time etc - the EU had a good idea of a max 48 hours SHIFT time but the UK objected so its a max average of 48 hours WORK time - at least thats the way I understand how it went

The only good thing was the break for 6 hours of work because before that a driver could legally work non stop for 15 hours if they only did say 4 hours of actual driving in that time = daft and unrealistic but legal

IMO they should have added the max 6 hour rule to the tacho regs = job sorted

I do wonder how many EU states actually check and enforce the RTD ?

so is the rtd different to the wtd then?

chaversdad:
so is the rtd different to the wtd then?

rtd covers mobile workers. wtd covers everyone else. there are opt outs in the wtd which we mobile workers do not get :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: