48 hours? and wtd etc etc?

If you do more than 48 hours on your average working hours and then are forced to have time off unpaid to make up for it, would you be within your rights to refuse to work any more than 48 hours every week to prevent this loss?.

I know the time would have to be after your 20 days holiday but i just wondered if you had the right to refuse too much work in one week or not.

But would you have lost this money :question:
If you’d averaged more than 48hrs this would’ve 'been paid to you then, it means that you have to average out your pay, which would in theory average out at 48hrs, so you wont have lost out :confused: , just a veiw, i dont like it but i thought i’d say it :wink:

I doubt very much if you would have the right to refuse to work, over 48 hours in a week. If you are keeping records of your working hours and your average is a bit high, especially towards the end of you 17/26 week period. When your TM asks you to do another run (or however it works, if it works at all :open_mouth: :smiley: ), I would point out to him that your average hours are already looking a bit on the high side and that you don’t want to have to take unpaid days off. That approach is more likely to work I would think, rather than refusing to work.

Refusing to work is more likely to get you sacked, for one thing. The RTD/WTD doesn’t give you any rights, so nothing has changed there, :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :unamused: .

Not that the company my dad works for are actually paying any attention to the WTD but if they did most drivers would be out of money because they’re on daily salery so an excess of hours during one period would not cover the cost of enforced unpaid rest in another. I don’t know why anyone would like this WTD nonsense, at best it makes your life 10 times more regulated and complicated and at worst it forces you into having less pay and totally ruins a job.

Why can’t the transport industry actually have some sensible and SIMPLE working time regulations that actually fit in to the REAL WORLD of the industry instead of a one rule fits all regime that few operations can actually comply to 100% and not be breaking the law. The fact that you have to have UNPAID rest to make up for being over the average is in itself and absolute outrage.