48 hour average

I have never getting my hours down to average of 48 hrs yet, eu legistraion directive not uk law. as far as im aware no one in uk has been done yet by vosa.
I go to work and do as im told, I put on break poa when I can. COMPLIENCE nmanager a right prick said take 2 days holiday it will get you to 48. so I did then it was was still average 51 hrs. I said howz that it should be 16 hrs deducted, he said no they ad 8 hrs each day your off. WHOEVER thought about this stupid rule wants shot, I wasted 2 days off my holidays for this crap. never again, it vosa want to do me get on with it because I do as im told at work.

Yep your right about your compliance manager, the company should of given you 2 company days which means you get 2 days off paid and zero hrs go against your average bringing it down to 48.

There are many companies that go through the motions but do not bother with it so perhaps you need to work for one of those

They are not cowboy companies but ones which have realised that the authorities are not bothered

Apart from the 6 hour break rule, the rest is pointless as the tacho regs restrict shift time by the rest rules

ROG:
There are many companies that go through the motions but do not bother with it so perhaps you need to work for one of those

They are not cowboy companies but ones which have realised that the authorities are not bothered

Apart from the 6 hour break rule, the rest is pointless as the tacho regs restrict shift time by the rest rules

I know what you mean ROG they keep saying bang it on poa , I was told I can work 60 hrs a week no more than 60 after breaks poa wtd.
so then he said don,t work on a weekend that will get your hours down. I said get stuffed I come to work to make money. I think your,re right that a lot of companies realise that the authorities are not bothered,
I spoke to vosa one day they said the driver could get fined, but more like the company because the driver just does as he is told.
can you imagine me saying I can,t do that job, because im only working 9 hrs today.

gothika:
I have never getting my hours down to average of 48 hrs yet, eu legistraion directive not uk law. as far as im aware no one in uk has been done yet by vosa.
I go to work and do as im told, I put on break poa when I can. COMPLIENCE nmanager a right prick said take 2 days holiday it will get you to 48. so I did then it was was still average 51 hrs. I said howz that it should be 16 hrs deducted, he said no they ad 8 hrs each day your off. WHOEVER thought about this stupid rule wants shot, I wasted 2 days off my holidays for this crap. never again, it vosa want to do me get on with it because I do as im told at work.

Just remember if you can’t get your average down to 48 hrs over your reference period and you are involved or cause a serious accident they will dig deep into your working practices.

I know how to work my average hours out, its 26 weeks at our place so I have till end of December to try and get them down.
im on salary mon to Friday. if I work a sat or sun im paid by the hour.
its a pain everyone knows haulage industry is long hours , not exactly working all, more waiting, I always if waiting do break first then poa.
and now theres a big shortage of drivers companies everywhere are crying out for drivers.
mainly due to retirement and dcpc.

bald bloke:

gothika:

Just remember if you can’t get your average down to 48 hrs over your reference period and you are involved or cause a serious accident they will dig deep into your working practices.

yes I heard that and also health and safety get involved.

the compliance manager is a prick, he,s only got a job because the company has to have records for two years.
he said last week, sign that I said what is it, insuffient break, I said I never do insuffient break if its 30 mins I wait for 31 45 to 46 15 to 16
he said it was for 6 hrs work. I said no way, I done TWO 16 min breaks before 6 hrs.
he said it has to be 30 mins I said no you can do two 15,s as I still had 2 hrs driving left out first driving period. its only 30 mins for driving rule on second break. I always average 1.30 or more break just for driving as I bank time left off first period for later then second 45 for driving break to get what I banked.

Working practices ■■

Whats the difference between sitting at an place waiting on break poa or other work = just the mode selected so the reality is that there is no difference in regards to what the driver is actually doing

Driving time and rest rules prevent a driver doing really silly hours like they did way into the past

If the authorities really wanted to prevent drivers doing lots of time at work then the laws would have been made to restrict time on shift - that was the original plan until the UK vetoed it because they realised that bosses would need to pay drivers more to retain them - which driver would do only 48 hours max a week on shift if the end pay for doing that was so low as any overtime is non existant?

I’ve had loads of letters with threat after threat of company procedure if I don’t get my hours down ( they plan the job ) ,at the end of the ref period even though I’m well over the 48 hrs nothing has happened.
I was told recently I would be having time of unpaid as it could not continue( wouldn’t be a bad idea having a word with the planner who continues to plan me for max hours +), as said 2 weeks would be great ,knowing in advance would also be good as I could have a nice break in the sun,bloke didn’t look happy as I think he thought the threat of a period off unpaid would have the desired effect on me of booking poa here there and everywhere,he then changed attack and said I would be took off road and put in yard doing WORK until my WTD hours reduced ,fine by me as long as it’s truck related work ,he said it would be 10.5 hrs per day truck related WORK :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: until my WTD hours reduced to below 48 hrs ,I can see this being a good few weeks,months,years ,decades if ever working in the yard before it has the desired effect of reducing my WTD hours .
Then you get in your truck,have a look at your work planned,and it’s another 15 hr day doing shop deliveries ,drive,tip,load,drive,tip ,load drive,tip,load drive :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

ROG:
Working practices ■■

Whats the difference between sitting at an place waiting on break poa or other work = just the mode selected so the reality is that there is no difference in regards to what the driver is actually doing

Driving time and rest rules prevent a driver doing really silly hours like they did way into the past

If the authorities really wanted to prevent drivers doing lots of time at work then the laws would have been made to restrict time on shift - that was the original plan until the UK vetoed it because they realised that bosses would need to pay drivers more to retain them - which driver would do only 48 hours max a week on shift if the end pay for doing that was so low as any overtime is non existant?

weel said, rog, question is there any difference between poa or break for getting hours down,

gothika:
…question is there any difference between poa or break for getting hours down,

no