45hr Weekly rest, not to be taken in cab

TiredAndEmotional:

pierrot 14:

TiredAndEmotional:

bald bloke:
And at over £21,000 it’s a proper fine too, that’s probably a years wage for many GB drivers.

And that’s the truth!

Have I read it wrong , or HAVE YOU ■■ That fine is for the operator :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Yeah, you’re not quite getting my point…have another look at the original post I’ve quoted here. :wink:

Original post £21.000 proper fine, probably a “YEARS WAGES” for many GB drivers

That was what I read.

So again I will state that the fine is for the OPERATOR

So if dvsa decide to enforce this will we need some form of letter from the boss that we have been at home for the weekend because I have very little contact with our office except by phone

Companies like LKW Walter, Sajco Trans SRL, Waberers will likely find ways around it as they do many grey area rulings whether its taking over a hostel chain/building their own on regular routes or even dishing out Bivouacs…or even more likely just ignore the ‘ruling’…

AndrewG:
Companies like LKW Walter, Sajco Trans SRL, Waberers will likely find ways around it as they do many grey area rulings whether its taking over a hostel chain/building their own on regular routes or even dishing out Bivouacs…or even more likely just ignore the ‘ruling’…

unless theres a specific description for minimum standards for accomodation,then willi and warberers etc,itl be 1, a sleeping bag,2,a tent,and 3, the back of the trailer…theres not a flipflop in existance that could afford to eat at a uk truckstop,and as usual,itl be ignored and back to a quick fried swan and raw cabbage out of the trailer box every weekend.

Can’t see it getting enforced meaningfully in the uk personally. If it does eventually Waberers will just build a “hotel” out of portakabins next to Ashford lorry park etc…

So in one side get big fines for parking up
Sticking to law

Or will
It be cheaper to run bent

Understand the reasoning but a lot of brits & Irish still do
Distance Europe and will
Need a 45 before getting back
Same as guys on tours etc

Personally give me the cab over a hotel any week

gettin-on:
Sticking to law

Or will

Distance Europe and will

So long as you’ve got a genuine hotel bill, not Mickey Mouse note from the boss, I doubt anyone will go around sniffing bed sheets to check where you’ve actually been. From my time doing weekends away a night or two in a nive hotel wad a welcome change. We aren’t talking portacabins. The fact it’ll be difficult to police shouldn’t mean we give up before we start.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Other than the likes of transam who use hotels at points on the way anyway and will be able to work this in to there schedule easy enough who are all these other British drivers and firms doing work that can’t be done in a fortnight.
As far as I know astray hasn’t used a uk subbie in the last couple of years.

Franglais:

gettin-on:
Sticking to law

Or will

Distance Europe and will

So long as you’ve got a genuine hotel bill, not Mickey Mouse note from the boss, I doubt anyone will go around sniffing bed sheets to check where you’ve actually been. From my time doing weekends away a night or two in a nive hotel wad a welcome change. We aren’t talking portacabins. The fact it’ll be difficult to police shouldn’t mean we give up before we start.

Not hard to enforce on a tacho check 45 hour break anywhere but your home country no hotel bill you get fined.
Can’t believe so many brits seem opposed to it when it will only realy affect the people who are part of the problem with the industry in this country

kr79:

Franglais:

gettin-on:
Sticking to law

Or will

Distance Europe and will

Not hard to enforce on a tacho check 45 hour break anywhere but your home country no hotel bill you get fined.
Can’t believe so many brits seem opposed to it when it will only realy affect the people who are part of the problem with the industry in this country

Seems that way to me. Big fines for employers, like the French impose, and it’s cheaper to treat drivers properly than risk running bent.

Franglais:

kr79:

Franglais:

gettin-on:
Sticking to law

Or will

Distance Europe and will

Seems that way to me. Big fines for employers, like the French impose, and it’s cheaper to treat drivers properly than risk running bent.

It only works if the rest of the EU enforces it.
If you’re running back simply have your 45 off outside France somewhere they aren’t enforcing it.
Likewise straight in and out of France if you’re going out.

Maybe it’ll go some way to having drivers on little or no pay sat waiting for a load. They’re booking 45 breaks and being exploited at the same time as their employers are cutting the job rates. Being hard to enforce is not a reason not to even try.

Harry Monk:
As much as anything, the way eastern European drivers are expected to work in nothing short of modern slavery. I transshipped a load from a Lithuanian at Dover Western Docks a couple of years ago, he had been given an immediate prohibition for three serious defects, one of which was that over half of one trailer wheel was completely missing, the wheel was held on with four wheel nuts.

I said “How long have you been away from home?” and he said “Three months”. I said “When will you get home again?” and he just shrugged his shoulders. I said “How do you feel about doing this?” and he said “I miss my wife, I miss my children, I miss my home”.

This practice of eastern European trucks relentlessly running around western Europe has to be stopped, for all sorts of reasons.

Had a briefing through from Croners and amongst other things, was this:

The EU’s Transp[ort Commissioner has attended a meeting at the European parliament to hear evidence about “underpaid, exploited truckers”, before she start on a possible revision of the Union’s cabotage and access to occupation rules.
The European Transport Workers Federation (ETF) also attended and asked for better enforcement of the current rules in a sector “whose law0compliance and labour standards are on a constant decline”. The ETF continued to say that illegal and unsustainable practices in the haulage market have expanded in the last 10 years allowing “bad players” to set the norm in the sector. They also said that a growing part of the industry resorts to social fraud such as employingprofessional drivers on pay levels and conditions of their country of origin whils dispatching them to work permanently in countries with better employment conditions.
A survey in Denmark found that 42% of Bulgarian and Romanian driver travelling through earned an average of 1400 euros a month, whilst Danish drivers were paid three times as much.
Transport Commissioner Violeta Bulc said that she was drafting new labour rules for drivers, due to be published in May.

Not saying anything that we don’t know, but interesting to see that it has come to the notice further up the food chain and they are looking to address it. Wether anything works or not, who knows. It would take a major change for the EU to acknowledge that actually it isn’t one body, one Union, it’s a cobbled together collection of wildly different countries.

Weekend rest it is free dispose of time.But why somebody want dictate where drivers must sleep or eat low quality and danger food at hotel ot Mac… ,Kf…■■?If free dispose of time that driver must decide whete he will sleep,eat, but not Vosa.If somebody not happy about competition that must make changes in another rulles.

Soldier z:

Franglais:

kr79:

Franglais:

If you’re running back simply have your 45 off outside France somewhere they aren’t enforcing it.

Knowing the French they will fine you if your 45 was in any country other than your home one if stopped in France

Edit- double post

What some forget is that many if not all EE hauliers have less profit margin due to kower rates due to huge competition within their own country, this filters down to drivers pay, many BG/RO/HU drivers are already on a pittance. Enforce this kind of ruling which costs companies money will equate to either less work or lower pay, not a good thing for EE drivers who already find it hard enough putting a crust on the table. As an example my sister in laws brother who drives for Sajco Trans SRL earns less than 4000 leu (RON) per month and thats with bonuses…

Soldier z:

They were also enforcing these rules in Belgium and now the interpretation has been clarified, I’m sure the Dutch, Germans and Austrians will join in.

Anyway no so much driver from England will agree work 2 week tramping .After one’two month near all will back to Uk job.

Not many uk drivers get the opportunity to do European or further work due to the fact Western European firms can’t compete on general haulage to Europe due to the rates Eastern European firms can work for