45hr weekly rest and the bank holiday

Right then im not completely sure on this one .

I had a reduced weekly rest last week of 39 hrs coz i worked the saturday so this friday i told them that i couldnt work saturday as i had to have a 45 hr off

They said ok no problem and see you tuesday then as its a bank hol on monday, so off i went home.

Now my question is did i have to take the 45 hr rest by the end this week as in 00:01 monday to 00:00 sunday (or is it 00:00 monday to 23:59 sunday) or would i have been able to work saturday and taken my 45 hrs off over the sunday and monday??

Ive either just blagged myself a long weekend (and done myself out of money) or ive done it correctly but im just not 100% sure which :confused:

Based on the information you have given you could have worked Saturday this week. The regulations state:

A weekly rest period shall start no later than at the end of six 24-hour periods from the end of the previous weekly rest period.

I assume you haven’t done six since your last weekly rest as it looks. based on the info given, that you didn’t resume work until Monday. A weekly rest period can begin in one fixed week and end in another.

If i’d worked saturday my finish time would’ve been 3pm earliest. so my 45 hr rest would have ended 12noon monday, and my initial thought was that that would’ve been into the next week

A weekly rest period that falls in two weeks may be counted in either week, but not in both

guess that answers my question :blush: :blush:

It sure does. :wink: :smiley: :smiley: