45 mins break

hi. 45 mins break after 4,5h can be paid or have to be paid

Hi, its “can be paid”… but you’d be lucky :frowning:

hans klos:

As already said the 45 minute break doesn’t have to be a paid break, it really depends on the company you drive for but I don’t know of any that pay the driver for the first 45 minute break, If you need to have another break during the day all the firms I’ve driven for will pay the driver for that but again there’s no law that says they have to, it’s usually company policy.

I get paid for all mine. :confused: :laughing:

Imp:
I get paid for all mine. :confused: :laughing:

Don’tcha hate some people :frowning: :smiley:

I get paid for any break over the first 30 mins, i.e. 45 min break I get 15 mins paid,second 45 min I get all paid.

tachograph:
I don’t know of any that pay the driver for the first 45 minute break,

C J Upton & sons steel stockholders Markfield Leics (J22 M1) do :smiley:

I get paid except when calculating overtime… :frowning:

Most agencies deduct it even if the company don’t !!! Plenty pay start to finish, sadly plent don’t as well. Securicor Omega (now DHL) deducted an hour a day as a break ! Needless to say i’ll never work their again. If i’m getting a break deducted i always ask when i can take it. If it means sitting in an RDC for 5 hours and then stopping on the way back at a MSA for a ‘45’ then so be it. Let the bean counters fathom it out.

Agency I work for don’t pay for a 45 minute break.

However, if I do a shift that needs 2 breaks, I get paid for the second one so it’s swings and roundabout really.

many thanks for info

killsville:
Agency I work for don’t pay for a 45 minute break.

However, if I do a shift that needs 2 breaks, I get paid for the second one so it’s swings and roundabout really.

same here. although i have taken the occasional 2 hour lunch break on a nice hot sunny day and only had 45 minutes deducted.

i dont class witing time as a break. like Mike, i will sit there with the tacho on break but i will be pulling in at a place of my choosing for a 45 minute rest period. they can like it or lump it

hans klos:

paid salaried including breaks

I’ve always been paid for a 45, even when on a wage rather than a salary :slight_smile:

Fastrantiger:
B,BE,C,CE,C1E,D,DE,D1E,f,k,l,n,p
but no push bike entitlement)

where is g & h :question: :wink: :laughing:

Mike-C:
Most agencies deduct it even if the company don’t !!! Plenty pay start to finish, sadly plent don’t as well. Securicor Omega (now DHL) deducted an hour a day as a break ! Needless to say i’ll never work their again. If i’m getting a break deducted i always ask when i can take it. If it means sitting in an RDC for 5 hours and then stopping on the way back at a MSA for a ‘45’ then so be it. Let the bean counters fathom it out.

I work for DHL (ex SOL / Russell Davies site) and I am paid from my start time to my finish time - all breaks included.

Suppose it just depends where you are.

flying_fenman:
I work for DHL (ex SOL / Russell Davies site) and I am paid from my start time to my finish time - all breaks included.

it depends on the contract. boots and iceland are both Exel/DHL, iceland pay breaks, boots dont :confused:

flying_fenman:

I also work for DHL and we get 45 minutes deducted for break, any breaks over this are paid. That is on the European department, I think the lads working from the same depot on the UK side get 1 hour deducted.

scanny77:
it depends on the contract. boots and iceland are both Exel/DHL, iceland pay breaks, boots dont :confused:

The contracts with Boots and Iceland were both won by Exel before DHL bought Exel.

I have found that in the main, ex -Exel sites tend not to pay breaks, whereas ex-DHL sites do.

I also think that in some cases the customer (ie, Boots, Iceland etc) can have an influence - as Somerfield were dead against paying for breaks. Or so the GM told us :confused: .

I have no problem in having a break on a bay if I can genuinely do my own thing for an hour as long as I am paid for it. :smiley:

I get 45 mins deducted from my start to finish time for a break but do not book any POA either.