45 hours weekly rest

Does doing other work another job unrelated to driving count as rest time for the purpose of the 45 hours

Rest should be rest, no other work at all :wink:

its hard to police if you havent got a card in ,its like the blokes who work all week and think its ok to drive weekends for what they call pocket money , :unamused: :unamused:

I find this other answer confusing uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/i … 646AABUxQ7

If the work you do is classed as “fulfilling an obligation to an employer” then it isn’t rest. This means any employer, doing any work. The only possible exception would be voluntary work, but I wouldn’t bet the farm on it.

■■■■■■00:
Does doing other work another job unrelated to driving count as rest time for the purpose of the 45 hours

In any week that you drive in-scope of EU regulations, any work that does not involve driving is counted as other work for the EU regulations.

On none driving days you should record the work done on a printout or chart (or log book if on domestic rules).

So, no legally it does not count as rest.

Though how anyone would know that you’ve been working without being told I’ve no idea :wink:

■■■■■■00:

NO

Legally all other work in a fixed week, such as flipping burgers, must be officially recorded if you have driven under EU regs at any point in that fixed week

You could try and get away with it but if the authorities suspected you were doing other work then they will check which is easy to do if paying tax on that other work

A weekly rest period
is the weekly period during which drivers may freely dispose of their time. It
may be either a ‘regular weekly rest period’ or a ‘reduced weekly rest period

See page 22 on this link, this should have been covered on the DCPC as its quite basic.
gov.uk/government/uploads/s … europe.pdf

■■■■■■00:
I find this other answer confusing uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/i … 646AABUxQ7

The reason you find them confusing is because the answer that’s marked as “Best Answer” is about as wrong as it’s possible to get :unamused:

The answer that’s marked “Other Answers” is right apart from the 133 hours bit which is wrong.

■■■■■■00:

Unless the other work is “cash in hand” you need to be careful,as legally your not resting