44 ton france?

is it true you can run at 44 tonne in France and Spain on 6 axles, anyone please.

:open_mouth: Not unless it changed recently. Only up the corridor to B as far as I know. Stil 40 tonne F & E as far as I know.

lulu123:
is it true you can run at 44 tonne in France and Spain on 6 axles, anyone please.

Only for intermodal transport, and they are very strict :open_mouth:

Currently France, Germany and Spain only allow a maximum authorized vehicle weight of 40 tonnes for road transport operations and 44 tonnes for intermodal transport operations.

thanks for prompt replies, very helpful :slight_smile:

can anyone point out where you might find it in chapter and verse about 44te on the corridor? i’m dubious about it but always happy to be proved wrong (last occurence circa 1989) :wink:

I’m maybe a bit behind the times, but 44 tonnes to Benelux used to require a direct ferry to Belgium or Holland, the corridor was 40t.

As far as I know the only 44tonne in France, is on 5 axles when fitted with a Telma and various other hoops have been cleared.

Spain is 44t on 6 axles but only intermodal, Germany is 44t on 5axles for intermodal but with a 100km maximum for the road trip, and you need unequal spaced trailer axles to allow a 27t bogie.

acd1202:
I’m maybe a bit behind the times, but 44 tonnes to Benelux used to require a direct ferry to Belgium or Holland, the corridor was 40t.

As far as I know the only 44tonne in France, is on 5 axles when fitted with a Telma and various other hoops have been cleared.

Spain is 44t on 6 axles but only intermodal, Germany is 44t on 5axles for intermodal but with a 100km maximum for the road trip, and you need unequal spaced trailer axles to allow a 27t bogie.

I believe the corridor is still 40 tonne and the French still allow that on 4 axles in the rest of the country.

Unless the Germans have altered the rules again than there wasnt any 100km limit & 6 axle outfits were used as they were in Britain, originally only between railheads.

I drove a German 6 wheeler from BASF to the Benelux on regular trips

jj72:
can anyone point out where you might find it in chapter and verse about 44te on the corridor? i’m dubious about it but always happy to be proved wrong (last occurence circa 1989) :wink:

No, but I’d like to see it too.
There are a few companies, not just British, that do use the corridor at over 40 Tonne, rightly or wrongly.

44 tonnes on 5 axles in Belgium

Things changed in Germany Wheelnut about 3 years ago, Schmidt HN used to use 6 axles on various intermodal jobs within Germany, but now it is 44t on 5 axles with these odd trailers, but definitely only 100 km; now you may still be able to go further on 6, not sure about that, will try and find out.

The problem occurs when they load a box in Germany to 44t on 5 axles with a P420 day cab, and it turns up in a 6 axle country.

Sorry,But
you can pick up a container,in Duisburg and
deliver it to Munchen on 5 axles and at 44tn.;
I have never heard of a 100km limit or
been subjected to a check and stopped
from transporting a 44tn load when it
has to be delivered .in Germany and
the destination was over such a distance.
this is news to me.Same as you can pick up a container
from theRail port in Germany at 44tn AND TAKE it to
the final destination in Belgium, Holland, or Luxemburg.

Robbies Dad:

More in Holland I think.

Robbies Dad:

Thats strange. I thought that too but Tate & Lyle in Aalst (Amylum) would only load us to 42 tonne.

Maybe that was just for France :blush: :blush: :wink: