43rd Trans Pennine run

Takes place tomorrow morning from Birch services to the Stray in Harrogate. It usually starts around 7.30am and along the way it will take in Rochdale, Walsden, Todmorden, Hebden Bridge, Halifax Shibden, Northowram and Bradford, before heading along the ring road to Shipley, Guiseley, Otley, Pool and Pannal.

I did it 3 years ago in a 71 Atki Borderer, and can say without doubt what an excellent day it was.

If you’ve nowt to do, and want to see what we use to drive, then take a look at the array of trucks, and then think how bad it was then.

Ken.

i will be there at lunch time the wife says NO MORE BUYING PHOTOS OR MAGAZINES i think i will have selective hearing its just had a downpour here so lets hope they can still park on the stray :smiley:

Thats tommorow sorted then :slight_smile: . Whats the best time to go, to see them pulling in. Ive only ever gone when there parked up. Would like to see em mobile for a change.

440Mopar:
Thats tommorow sorted then :slight_smile: . Whats the best time to go, to see them pulling in. Ive only ever gone when there parked up. Would like to see em mobile for a change.

It depends on where you want to see them.

For you, I would guess at the petrol station at the bottom of Pool Bank as they come out of Otley, and then you only a short ride to the Stray when they’ve parked up.

I would guess from around 10am ish.

Ken.

It will be a cracking day out(I hope the weather improves). I drove the route quite a few years ago with the late (Great) Bill Wilkinson in his pride and joy Leyland Comet. Magic memories. :smiley: :smiley:

There’s a familiar registration of a sorts.

My old man had a Mk1 Cortina with the reg ECN 310E on it, which iirc under the old scheme, was a Gateshead registration number.

That is my first memory of what car registrations were all about.

Ken.

You passing through Littleborough on the A58 , if you are roughly what time will you go through , i might rear my ugly head and have a look

Lee

Leemazz:
You passing through Littleborough on the A58 , if you are roughly what time will you go through , i might rear my ugly head and have a look

Lee

I’m not taking part in it this year sadly. :frowning:

Ken.

Thanks , think ill hang around about Almsford bank climbing up into Harrogate, then nip to the Stray ,followed by Tea and cake at Bettys.

Bit un related but does anyone know when the hart of wales run is this year and the route ?

According to my info, usually 2nd week of September.

Ken.

Quinny:
There’s a familiar registration of a sorts.

My old man had a Mk1 Cortina with the reg ECN 310E on it, which iirc under the old scheme, was a Gateshead registration number.

That is my first memory of what car registrations were all about.

Ken.

Ken, your correct, CN was the Gateshead prefix until the latest change. regards kevmac47

Nice to see that photo of Bill I got to know him quite well when I used to come down to see the Tyne-Tees He was a real gentleman and a mine of information.

Eddie.

erfguy:
Nice to see that photo of Bill I got to know him quite well when I used to come down to see the Tyne-Tees He was a real gentleman and a mine of information.

Eddie.

He was a true gent and great company, I deemed it a priviledge to have him as a friend. regards kevmac47

Fantastic day for all that took part - me included!

I had the privilege of driving a Volvo FL10 support vehicle on the run and then Atkinson Borderer ABV317M (Bowker 34) back to Preston. Highlight of the day though was a ride in John Pickersgill’s Diamond T Ballast tractor. Simply awesome!

killsville:
Fantastic day for all that took part - me included!

I had the privilege of driving a Volvo FL10 support vehicle on the run and then Atkinson Borderer ABV317M (Bowker 34) back to Preston. Highlight of the day though was a ride in John Pickersgill’s Diamond T Ballast tractor. Simply awesome!

Glad you enjoyed it.

If you know anyone that would let me loose next year in their pride and joy, you know where I am.

Ken.

Great run as usual Ken.

We are already making plans for next year. If our ideas come to fruition, we will at least need a driver for the support vehicle! If we don’t ‘need’ any drivers, there should be some passenger places!

erfguy:

Eddie.

testing

killsville:
Great run as usual Ken.

We are already making plans for next year. If our ideas come to fruition, we will at least need a driver for the support vehicle! If we don’t ‘need’ any drivers, there should be some passenger places!

Works for me.

I really enjoyed it in Mick’s Atki, and would love to do it again.

For those that haven’t done it, the whole package is brilliant on the day. The smiling faces as you drive past and not just on old timers either, the organisation, the route, in fact it has to be said, that it must take some organising and hats off to the team concerned.

Ken.