43 'ers

truckerash:

euromat:
im off for a quick shower now!

FAR FAR FAR to much info mate :blush: :blush: :blush:

not much interest truckerash but still some great pics coming on

euromat:
that macburnie centurion is lovely, i think i may have a couple more pics, but im off for a quick shower now!

Nah! The Pegasus one, deep red with white wheels, by far the prettiest. :laughing:

Check out the 143 for sale currently on ebay! Punch in “143 left hand drive” and you should find it!

Had a couple myself in the past yes i will agree they were a good motor
plenty of power and not a bad ride for a Scania and going back ten tears
they were a classy motor to drive but i would not swap with the FH12 480
that i have now, wish i had it when i was going over the pond :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Crap photo but heres my old 143 L99 RHW

saw this one friday, bit unusual as its an ex spanish tradisa motor, now dutch registered…

oh yeah this one was languishing in a services between st petersburg and moscow this summer

I knew Richie Garrett when I was on Norman Lewis, he did some work for them and I saw him on the first water job in Yorkshire.

I think his lad is an OD but he sold up and worked for his mate running a cargill contract. Not sure if that was before or after wincanton

Corgi are releasing the 143/113 Streamline as a new casting in next years releases.

if you want nice 143 models check out www.dmbmodels.co.uk and click on tenko theres a couple of crackers there

Theres a lhd ex ASTRAN 143 streamline listed on Ebay [real, not model]

couple more pictures i have managed to liberate off my phone, the first 2 were taken at the russian border with finland, and the bottom one was in sudbury, suffolk

Got sent this picture the other day.

Heading down the M20 today I saw what I thought was an ex Thorburn 143 coming up the other way, it still had the silver detail below the screen.

As it passed I realised it was pulling one of his trailers.

It was also a 4x2 143 500 with stacks polished allows and a nice new black paint job comlplete with his pin striping.

It must be fairly new because the last time I spoke to one of his drivers he said the last of his 143s (L500 TTS) had just been sold and that was a fair while ago.

Also looking through the pictures in this thread I believe that the Paul Athurton 143 500 is also ex Thorburn.

Cheers
Neilf

passed a red Greek registered 143 (badged 420?) near welford on the A14 this morning - as usual I was in too much of a rush to crouch in the next layby to get a snap, soreee

Found these two on Ebay a while back, I first thought they were old pics until now.

As for Paul Arthurtons old 143, Joe Rothery owned it before Paul, so presumably Wally Thorburn had it when it was new.

i think the arthur green 143 was an owner drivers called peter :laughing:

it looks like its an old barry read from brid motor :laughing:

dreva:
i think the arthur green 143 was an owner drivers called peter :laughing:

thin little bloke with a 'tash? pete stelling - nice bloke, him and his wife looked like a seaside postcard couple, she were a bit fearsome too - did as he was told! :laughing:

p.s at risk of taking thread off topic, who did you work for dreva?

robv8:

Imagine you turn up to a new job, there you go son says the TM, you have a choice the old scania on the right, done a few miles but is still sound or the newer one with all the lights and shineybits… which would YOU take?? And yes, im sure there are plenty on here who would say…"but they`re both Scanias!!!..give me a call when you buy a decent truck! :laughing: "

Me, I would take the older 143 anyday, but I would bet that the younger or more inexperienced the driver the higher the odds that he would go for the newer shiney bling bling machine!! :laughing: