43 'ers

harryvr6:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/129162971@N02/36269615614/in/dateposted/#

Was it this one?

Yep, looks like it

Dirty Dan:
Hi Geoffo! Were did you go? Got any more pics? Love the flatroff on the 3series!

Reg Danne

Sorry Danne, Only took me 3 years to answer this… :blush: :blush: :blush:

I used to do a regular trip from the Loire valley in France normally unloading in Sweden & Norway ( Malmö, Halmstad, Växjö, Jönköping & Oslo etc…)

I either reloaded fish in Oslo or Ready made meals in Varberg (S) that got me back to Belgium or France…

Great days. Also unloaded many times in Denmark, but i was mainly on the Sweden/Norway run…

This appears to be a 43-er. That’s not even an attempt at a ‘long-liner’ look-alike; it’s a caravan parked behind a day-cab, but an effective living space nonetheless! Robert

ERF-NGC-European:
This appears to be a 43-er. That’s not even an attempt at a ‘long-liner’ look-alike; it’s a caravan parked behind a day-cab, but an effective living space nonetheless! Robert

Very smart, that’s what you call a sleeper cab.

Nice

image.jpg

For me, the best truck on the road has to be the SCANIA 143

Its fast becoming a “classic truck” and a very sort after machine, fetching top dollar for a good one.

I thought it would be good to see some examples of these fine trucks so ive started this topic:
Get your 43’ers photos and vid clips on here for all to see :smiley:
I know you Irish boys will luv this :wink:

heres a few of my photos to start things off :smiley:

Ed Gilder took over his father’s business and had this 500 on export livestock throughout Europe

When the foot and mouth first came along, he started fridge work and had the “old girl” resprayed and added the spoiler kit.
(personally, i think she looks more “meaty” in the other photo) :wink:

Not a fan of twin-steers but Olivers cant fail to impress! Stunning livery.

“wot abou cha” Ross and Conrad? You Irish boys certainly know how to make um look the bizz :smiley:

come on then, BRING UM ON

i agree was one the best i ever drove still see some brilliant examples on the road today a black one came passed me yesterday on traction work immaculate and a firm from milton keynes have one with muroon with yellow stripe on it another fine example.

here is a few i have in photobucket:

ex r t steward one still working and looking tidy

ex danish motor now being run by a russian, waiting for the boat at kappilskar, sweden

p and c hamilton one:

this irish one was still working near the end of last year

and some from the wilsons fleet (not all my pics i did buy a couple of them)

thats it for now unless i have more pics on disc in my cab i will have a look

That STS International is actually British, driven by the boss Darren and his brother drives the other 143 Streamline, operates out of R. Barker & sons yard in Burscough.

Defo my fav motor of all time, never had one but still love em
Got these off
www.v8power.nl

Click on the pic`s and PLAY LOUD :laughing:

robv8:
That STS International is actually British, driven by the boss Darren and his brother drives the other 143 Streamline, operates out of R. Barker & sons yard in Burscough.

heres the other STS truck

Me in the ring at Peterboro in 1995 in the finals of Truckfest with my 143 420 Topline Streamline 6x2, i have more pics at home that i will put up, but a bit busy touring Europe at min, not home until 23rd December.

Thats it TruckerAsh, it recently had a front on smash, so a new grill, bumper, visor etc was put on, and airbrushed again this week, also got white coachlines on tanks and bumper.

robv8:
Thats it TruckerAsh, it recently had a front on smash, so a new grill, bumper, visor etc was put on, and airbrushed again this week, also got white coachlines on tanks and bumper.

Ooooooooohhhh so nice :blush: sounds like she looks better than before!
any chance you can get some piccys :slight_smile: pleeeasee :wink:

What have the Dutch ever given us?
Edam cheese :frowning: …clogs :blush: …wacky backy :sunglasses:…and the idea that multi axle combi trailers are the way forward!
Well actually theyve also given us some AWESOME 43’ers :smiley:
If we are doing the famous 3 series V8 here, should we include the boys from over the channel?
Take a look at these beauties, all taken very recently…i rest my case m’lord

and if we include the Cloggys, do we have the Danes too?

Well, Vliegenthart and WTB from the Netherlands certainly get my vote.

I hate Scania with a passion but agree that the old 143 topline was probably one of the best. I saw that motor of Stuart Nicol on the M6. It was featured in some magazine or other.

Looked nice, pity the exhaust was blowing so badly you had to wind the windows up as it tried to pass my Volvo :laughing:

The driver seemed to have a death wish too, he was sat about 7 feet behind another trailer in the rain

robv8:

And is often found parked up opposite the old Superwoods offices in Platts Lane.

a few of my pics

Carl:
a few of my pics

nice pic of the X Astran 143 carl…but if youre gonna show an Astran truck, you have to do it properly…

…parked up in the desert…

…or havin a “proper full service” on the way back in Turkey :wink: