400 Tesco jobs?

In my local wrag front page…close Barlborough depot down , loss of 400 jobs, but you could relocate to Reading or Dagenham…i bet they cant wait, but everythings rosy according to DC … :unamused:

Magor are looking at 150 losses, and they can relocate to Reading or Dagenham too - just how many people do Reading and Dagenham need??

I have a feeling that Dagenham will be a name to be feared for those destined to try and tip there… :wink: :grimacing:

It wants closing down!
2 hrs to tip and check 26 plts.

Ttx boy was you in there yesterday ?

I tipped there yesterday late afternoon 1st time av been, place is years behind !!

A mate of mine has been at harlow for 16 years. He’s been told “unofficially” the new pay rate at dagenham is £10.48 per hour. Half the current rate. Now you know why they built new depots :unamused:

OVLOV JAY:
A mate of mine has been at harlow for 16 years. He’s been told “unofficially” the new pay rate at dagenham is £10.48 per hour.

Still better than those slogging their b*llocks off for £7 odd.

That’s true Karl, but only because its still going to be in house transport. But if people in the north want to get out of bed at 1am on a Sunday morning and dress like an elf, for £7 ph, who am I to question them. No wonder there’s so many ex forces on stobart. £7 ph is like winning the lotto to them. They’ve lost limbs for half that rate

OVLOV JAY Are you a driver at harlow ?

Are you telling me the drivers at Harlow were on £21 per hour?

No but a pal of mine is. I have done agency there though. Like I say, he heard unofficially, he said he’s gonna wait for the official t’s and c’s before deciding what to do

you sure it’s going to be in house ?
As we sub to welham green and want to get the units into dagenham couldn’t find out who was running it.
Asked at welham but they said not sure yet.

Silver_Surfer:
Are you telling me the drivers at Harlow were on £21 per hour?

It’s about that. They negotiated it when they went to monthly pay. It did away with the shift premiums so you earn the same at 1am on boxing day as you do on a Wednesday afternoon

mark h…i wasn’t in there yesterday afternoon but im there nearly everyday,they have two speeds,slow and stop!

TTX boy:
mark h…i wasn’t in there yesterday afternoon but im there nearly everyday,they have two speeds,slow and stop!

No rush nice to get ya head down for a few hours.

OVLOV JAY:
That’s true Karl, but only because its still going to be in house transport. But if people in the north want to get out of bed at 1am on a Sunday morning and dress like an elf, for £7 ph, who am I to question them. No wonder there’s so many ex forces on stobart. £7 ph is like winning the lotto to them. They’ve lost limbs for half that rate

How much per hour you on at maritime.

spectron:

OVLOV JAY:

£8.10 basic then £10.25 ot after 11 hrs

It’s actually more than 2000 Jobs at Chesterfeild, Harlow and Weybridge.
That’s only Tesco Staff,
I assume that there will be Stobart drivers at Chesterfield for instance who will also laid off.
Plus agency staff etc.
Doswen’t help offering work 200 miles away.

OVLOV JAY:

spectron:

OVLOV JAY:

£8.10 basic then £10.25 ot after 11 hrs

Sorry thought it was £385 for 55 hours.

OVLOV JAY:
But if people in the north want to get out of bed at 1am on a Sunday morning and dress like an elf, for £7 ph, who am I to question them. No wonder there’s so many ex forces on stobart. £7 ph is like winning the lotto to them. They’ve lost limbs for half that rate

Nail on the head! They have lost limbs for less. Don’t hear them moaning about it though.
£10ph + for delivering to stores sounds good to me.