40 mph average speed cameras

Wheel Nut:

andrew.s:
just change lanes between each set of cameras,they can only get you if you stay in the same lane

Are you sure of this?

yes.it works,done it loads of times in the car through average speed cameras.only 1 camera can moniter a lane,that’s why they need 2/3/4 for the amount of lanes there are

jrl driver:

Wheel Nut:

andrew.s:
just change lanes between each set of cameras,they can only get you if you stay in the same lane

Are you sure of this?

yes.it works,done it loads of times in the car through average speed cameras.only 1 camera can moniter a lane,that’s why they need 2/3/4 for the amount of lanes there are

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

FPN coming to a Halifax letter box soon.

bigvern1:
I go through a lot quicker than I should! :wink:

Or they’re set at a higher speed than you think :slight_smile:

Rob K:

jrl driver:

Wheel Nut:

andrew.s:

Are you sure of this?

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Don’t CD’s in the windscreen stop you from getting done by a Gatso?

Rob K:

jrl driver:

Wheel Nut:

andrew.s:

Are you sure of this?

if it does i’ll let you know,there’s a load of them on the M62 between junct 27 & 28 now.last time there were there my brothers father in law got done for doing an average of 58 through them,so i reckon there set 57,they have to allow a margin of error for speedos(not the bloody swimming trunks either!!) being out & then +/- of 2% as well,so that means trucks are ok @b 56mph

I know the M62 ones as I go through them every day, but I do 50 on the speedo regardless of whether I’m in my car, van or truck. I really really really don’t understand this mentality of risking a bunch of points or even a ban to “save” maybe 30 seconds at best just based on what some random person has written on a speed camera website or what someone has told you down the pub. Stupid people is stupid.

jrl driver:

Wheel Nut:

andrew.s:

Are you sure of this?

FFS :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: It’s a myth and has been for several years.

There is a popular misconception that the Home Office has approved the SPECS system for single-lane use only. According to this theory, a motorist can therefore switch lanes between cameras and claim non-approval to avoid prosecution for speeding. However the marketing director of the manufacturer, Speedcheck Services Ltd, has stated that this theory is “categorically untrue”

The original cameras worked in pairs with the entry camera connected to the exit camera by cable. These days they are not connected and simply send the number plate details to a central computer independently of the lane used by the vehicle. The cameras no longer need to be connected to each other or paired up.

Rob K:
I know the M62 ones as I go through them every day, but I do 50 on the speedo regardless of whether I’m in my car, van or truck. I really really really don’t understand this mentality of risking a bunch of points or even a ban to “save” maybe 30 seconds at best just based on what some random person has written on a speed camera website or what someone has told you down the pub. Stupid people is stupid.

There is some intelligent life left on this site.

Changing lanes does not work, the first cameras record you plate and time and the last cameras do the same, they then use the Speed= Distance/Time equation to work out your speed, if its over a certain limit then you are ■■■■■■■ they only have cameras in between to catch the folks who join from the slip roads.

Rob K:

Yet you say you regularly do 80 - 90 on the motorway, I’m not knocking you as I do the same, and there are cameras that will get you for that. The cameras on the M1 southbound on the gantry just south of the exit for junction 8 flash even when there is no lower limit displayed on the signs, they must be quite profitable as I see them going off at least a couple of times a week as we head onto the M1 from junction 7. I was doing about 75 in the car on the way to work there a couple of weeks ago as I was going down to J6 to avoid a jam and they flashed a car in lane 3 that was passing me at not a hell of a lot more than I was doing and theer was no lower limit displayed at the time.

Passed the cameras on the M90 a few times now at around 0400. Going up the hill with a full load I dropped from 45 to 32mph, this’ll be great during rush hour at night out of Edinburgh. When the average speed ones were on the A80 I read that vehicles caught at night were getting off with it because none of the temp speed limit signs or speed camera warning signs were illuminated at night, as is the case on the M90.

Coffeeholic:

Rob K:

Yet you say you regularly do 80 - 90 on the motorway, I’m not knocking you as I do the same, and there are cameras that will get you for that. The cameras on the M1 southbound on the gantry just south of the exit for junction 8 flash even when there is no lower limit displayed on the signs, they must be quite profitable as I see them going off at least a couple of times a week as we head onto the M1 from junction 7. I was doing about 75 in the car on the way to work there a couple of weeks ago as I was going down to J6 to avoid a jam and they flashed a car in lane 3 that was passing me at not a hell of a lot more than I was doing and theer was no lower limit displayed at the time.

I’m not sure what your point is. If there are speed cameras then I do the posted speed limit, which includes that section of the M1. The rest of the time I will use my own judgement and keep a good eye out for cops/mobile sites. The latter has not failed me yet.

Rob K:
This thread is just another perfect example of ‘thick as [zb]’ truckers, especially the OP. Speed limit is 40 so you do 45 and chance your luck that your licence will still be intact at the end of restriction by hoping they are set to trigger at more than 45. You couldn’t make this [zb] up. Just because I’m an evil [zb] I hope they are set at 45 and you’ve triggered all 5 sets so are now looking at a ban for your stupidity.

What a ■■■■■.Youre not evil,youve proved it time and again on here.:smiley:

Rob K:
I’m not sure what your point is. If there are speed cameras then I do the posted speed limit, which includes that section of the M1. The rest of the time I will use my own judgement and keep a good eye out for cops/mobile sites. The latter has not failed me yet.

The posted limit there is NSL and I wasn’t sure if you do 70 when those gantry cameras are not displaying a lower limit. A lot of people think they only flash when a lower limit is displayed.

Rob K:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Rob K:

x1
except i do 56mph in a 50mph average speed camera zone, was doing 50mph on a SC the other night with a car behind me, travelled about 10 miles and got to a clear straight and the car overtook me, it was a marked volvo t5 :laughing: obviously not a priority for dyfed powys police to catch speeding lorry drvers.