4 wheel trailer

Is there any difference pulling and reversing a 4 wheel trailer to a 6 wheel ?

the only thing i can think of is when reversing round corners or onto a bay, a 4 wheel trailer will usually pivot between the axles and a 6 wheel or 3 axle trailer will usually try to pivot on the middle axle, weights and inclines over paths or kerbs will always affect this,

How many axles? Dog or pig?

Star down under.:

Whats a do or pig lol still a bit of a newbee

A dog articulates the front axle, a pig is like you would tow with your car.

Star down under.:

Talk English old chap, not that foreign stuff, spoken by the convicts in the Colonies…

Is it A frame, Q carry fast, quoting Google…

Artic? Strictly it’s an articulated vehicle, consisting of a tractor-unit and a semi-trailer. But enough of that.
Tri axles tend to have a greater spread and have more weight on the axles, so in tight manoeuvres will take more effort to move. Spinning one around will take more effort than a twin. Some auto boxes will change gear half way and you’ll come to an embarrassing halt. Select low gear, lock into it and just go slow and steady. Kinder on those poor tyres too.
Same in reverse, can take a bit more grunt to shove those tyres sideways.

biggriffin:

Star down under.:

Talk English old chap, not that foreign stuff, spoken by the convicts in the Colonies…

Is it A frame, Q carry fast, quoting Google…

Oi! Big something, not necessarily as kind as Griffin. :wink:
Technically speaking, they’ve all got an A frame. I’ll leave it there, so I don’t sound like Carryfast. :unamused:

Tri axles turn slower when reversing than tandems of the same length. Not a good idea to screw "em round for the sake of the tyres and suspension bushes etc, not to mention the tarmac.

2 axle trailer turns quicker