4 ON 4 OFF ?????

Is this shift pattern any good anyone currently doing it■■?

Thanx Tone… :wink:

You don’t say if you are talking about alternating day and night shifts.

I’ve worked 4days on, 4 off, 4 nights on, 4 off and I loved it.

When you think about it you actually work 4 days on, 5 days off (you start nights in the evening of your first working day so you get most of that day to yourself) 4 nights on and 3 days off (due to finishing your last night shift on the morning of your first day off)

The down side is that you only get one complete weekend (Sat&Sun) in 7 off but you have so much spare time otherwise to compensate for that.

The shift i mean is a rolling 4 days on 4 days off…no nights. thanx…Tone…

All our driver are now on 4 on 4 off! as are our garage staff.
Lots of overtime at the moment!
But 12 hours fri, sat, sun, mon! not the best shift in the world!
but they love it! Is it gonna change?
Yep I am sure it will!

It does seem the way forward!
but lots of drivers are thinking that their will have to do an additional job come the WTD :open_mouth:

TONY:
The shift i mean is a rolling 4 days on 4 days off…no nights. thanx…Tone…

Ah thats not part of the deal! 4 on 4 off is days and nights
No choice mate!

The job i have seen in the paper states 4 on 4 off days only no nites…thanx for reply anyway…Tone… :wink:

I didn’t realise there were “4 on 4 off” burger flipping jobs :question:

mmm, this could get interesting :stuck_out_tongue:

4 on, 4 off is good if the pay is raised to time and a third to allow for working some weekends.

I applied for a position over here with a food distribution company, alas I didn’t get it because there were so many applicants living near and i lived 85 miles away (not a great distance here). The money was one third higher than other companies to make up for odd weekends. (starting pay $55k basic PA)

Ask your local full-time fireman!!!
They have done the rolling 4 on,4 off shift for years,why do you think they went on strike when Mr Blair wanted to take it off them? I have been on it this past year and would not want to work any other shift.If it is a “rolling” shift version you will find that it sort of works it way out to be five weekends working, five weekends off.
Plenty of time to do abit of handy money agency work!!! :wink:

TDG were offering jobs four on/four off with nights thrown in as well, it worked out about £17k for six months work plus holidays as well. So it was working less than six months of the year.
Trouble is cost of living, plus a young family and mortage, meant the money just wouldn’t stretch.
If the missus was working as well I would have jumped at it.

Another advantage of a 4 on, 4 off system, whichever type, is that you can always supplement your income with a day or two of agency work, providing you don’t exceed your driving/working limits.

I think that many of these companies are changing to this type of pattern so as to prepare their operations for the WTD.