4 On 4 Off Pay

guys does any one no when working the abover shifts on a rolling week would you allways manage to get 4 days money in every week or are there some weeks when you only get 3 days anyone work these kind of shifts ?the company i work for are concidering this as a shift patten but saying we are garenteed 40 hrs a week imm guesing they will alter the way they work there week as there saying we would be paid on a wednesday

bjd:
guys does any one no when working the abover shifts on a rolling week would you allways manage to get 4 days money in every week or are there some weeks when you only get 3 days anyone work these kind of shifts ?the company i work for are concidering this as a shift patten but saying we are garenteed 40 hrs a week imm guesing they will alter the way they work there week as there saying we would be paid on a wednesday

Surely you will get paid for what you do so one week may have 3 days and others have 5 so it will balance out.

Dont no ollie i have never worked that kind of shift and our manager dosent seem to clear either but they are saying we are garentied 40 hours a week i like the idear of 4 on 4 off but be nice to clarify this point as it seems odd that garentee 40 hours but some weeks you might only get paid for 30 but he was aying something about there pay weeks running diferantly but i confess hes lost me lol

If this is a standard conti style shift at 12 hrs per shift it works out that you get 42 hours per week. The hours are worked out over 7 days with 6hours from your first week carrying over to your second if that makes sense. Obviously less than twelve hours will work out at less I think that at 10 hours per day it works out at 35hours and 11 works out at 39.5 so it depends on the hours.

sootydog:
If this is a standard conti style shift at 12 hrs per shift it works out that you get 42 hours per week. The hours are worked out over 7 days with 6hours from your first week carrying over to your second if that makes sense. Obviously less than twelve hours will work out at less I think that at 10 hours per day it works out at 35hours and 11 works out at 39.5 so it depends on the hours.

K well there saying its 4 x 10 hours garentead per week so your saying any short fall comes from the previouse week so every pay day you get at least your 40 hours ?

If its 4 x 10 hour shifts followed by 4 off you will get 35 hours every pay day . To get 40 hours every pay day you would have to work 4 x 11hours followed by 4 off and that would actually only give you 39.5 hours every payday. Of course if thaey are garunteeing you 40 hours then thats different.

1 2 3 4 5 6 payday 8 9 10 11 12 13 payday 15 16 17 18 19 20 payday dates from start
10 10 10 5 x x 35hours x 5 10 10 10 x 35 hours x x 10 10 10 5 35 hours x =days off

hope that shows what I mean the days worked are all 10 hours with payday being an actual date

unfortunately the spacing gets altered when I post but if you write it out with 7 day paydays you will see.

Yes there will be weeks when you don’t get the money you earnt from your previous 4 day shift,due to pay cut-off,it equals out and you get used to it.
Take the 4and 4 if it’s offered,best shift pattern there is.

the ones who are on fri,sat,sun,mon and are on the old corby contracts get 48 hrs pay for doing those 4 days,when stobarts took over they said at the time there was no such thing as a 4 day contract so they had to do a extra day , they now get 48 hrs for the 4 days +10 hrs for the extra day =58 hrs gar,since then they have advertised for fri,sat,sun, mon drivers :confused: :wink: but there only gar 40 hrs…
dont know anything about rolling hrs,days though

The previous job I had was 4 on 4 off on a rolling pattern, every week I was paid an average of the amount of hours I worked every 4 weeks.

mike68:
The previous job I had was 4 on 4 off on a rolling pattern, every week I was paid an average of the amount of hours I worked every 4 weeks.

I HAVE DONE 4 DAY WEEK WORK 4 DAYS ON YOUR DAYS OFF IF CALLED IN GET PAID HOILDAY IN LOU OR TAKE THE DAY YOU WORKED OFF MAJOR DAIRY COMPANY IN CHELMSFORD

flat to the mat:
Yes there will be weeks when you don’t get the money you earnt from your previous 4 day shift,due to pay cut-off,it equals out and you get used to it.
Take the 4and 4 if it’s offered,best shift pattern there is.

Only if the money is right too! I looked at a 4 on 4 off job but when I took the time to work out the money it wasn’t too clever…

Are you sure it’ll be weekly pay?

I’ve only ever had monthly pay on 4 on 4 off.

We are weekly paid four on four off, we work on an 8 week rota, 4 four day weeks, 4 3 day weeks, paid for 12 hours a day, we get 42 hours pay per week, which is the average. Another contract on four on four off get paid monthly and get paid for 48hours a week BUT have to do 13 reserve days a year to make up the difference.

I work 4 on 4 off at gerber juice in bridgwater ( i do the odd day truck driving on my days off). We do 7 complete 4 on 4 off cycles consisting of 2 twelve hr days and then 2 twelve hr nights, and then have 18 days off. We are salaried so get the same amount every month. This is great cos as you can see from all the time off we get, some months you only do a few days work :exclamation: It sounds like it is completely different in the transport industry, but if they are going to do it like this its great cos you just get so much time off but you still get the same amount of pay every month.

When I worked for a fridge firm in South Wales most of us were on a 4on 4off and were on a salary. As it was a rolling week, some were payed according to days worked in the week. Eg if you worked a Monday to thursday you were payed for 4 days that week, if you started on a Thursday and finished on a Sunday you were paid for 3 days on that week. Others were payed the salary over 52 weeks meaning you were payed the same every week.