4 on 4 off b/hols entitlement

i have the dubious pleasure of working the 4 on 4 off shift pattern
have heard thru the gossip line that my employer is not going to honour the new b/hol entitlement ie the extra days
at the moment we get nothing for working b/hols not even when we have to go in at just after midnight on boxing day
has anyone else had this same problem . the gist of what we have been told is as we only work partish time and already get 20 days its tough luck
any thoughts
any help

I moved over to 4 on 4 off a couple of months ago by choice. I remember being told at the time that if any Bank Hols fell into my working pattern then that was just the luck of the draw. I have no problem with that as the 4 days off more than compensates for me. I would imagine that if you are salaried as I am now then Bank Hols don’t exist any more but you could always check your contract.

Tezza.

How much money have you dropped to go onto 4 on 4 off.
I phoned a local company up the other day that wanted 4 on 4 0ff drivers.Th wages were £82 a day mon-fri.day or night.up to 14-15 hours a shift.Saturday was £126 sunday £150.

I said i couldn’nt make a living out of that money.He replied that the drivers usually do a couple of extra shifts on their days off.But are paid at the above rates and not as overtime.
So i see it as they are probably working evey weekend they get off just to make a decent wage.
No wonder they are advertising for drivers.

Cheers
Tony b

The place I got a job on 4 on/4off, you got a wage RISE to compensate for the weekend and bank holiday work.

£540 for a 12 hour shift on nights with 1hr of breaks per shift so actually 44hrs per 4 shifts.

tezza:
I moved over to 4 on 4 off a couple of months ago by choice. I remember being told at the time that if any Bank Hols fell into my working pattern then that was just the luck of the draw. I have no problem with that as the 4 days off more than compensates for me. I would imagine that if you are salaried as I am now then Bank Hols don’t exist any more but you could always check your contract.

you beat me to the answer, i used to work in the traffic office 4 on 4 off alt days/nights, So you end up with around 42 unpaid days extra off per year, but because holiday entitlement is accrued on the number of days worked and not weeks, it had to be worked out over 2 years to get the average for holiday entitlement, as in year 1 youd work more days than in year 2. tbh i couldnt get on with it so i left, because the idea of working the whole or part of 5 weekends out of 8, which didn`t bode well with me

Tonyb

I had been tramping for the last 2 years and had grossed around 34000 each year.
The salary is now 25000 so a fair drop, however no-one forced me to do it and am now a very happy driver. I do have the option of a 5th day at overtime rate but I haven’t been tempted to do any yet. I’m just enjoying the free time and am much less stressed out. :smiley:

see the list of xtra holidays im entilted to and its 2 days extra , started 4 th june so roughly 4 and a bit months, dont know how it works but 2 days extra is better than nothing :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: