4 mins over my time/

seth 70:

Drift:

seth 70:
Drivers stressing over 4 mins ,you would have been sound on analogue :unamused: :unamused:

I am :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Top bombing buddy , i dont think i could write that small now ,the amount of cards ive put my m8s name on ,smeared with diesel or damaged is unreal :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I keep a "special rubbish bag under the seat for that sort of thing :blush: "

Hung strung and quartered for you mate

Harry Monk:

seth 70:

Drift:

seth 70:
Drivers stressing over 4 mins ,you would have been sound on analogue :unamused: :unamused:

I am :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Top bombing buddy , i dont think i could write that small now ,the amount of cards ive put my m8s name on ,smeared with diesel or damaged is unreal :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Yea, pull the fuse, put the wire in, turn the clock forwards/backwards by 12 hours, golden days!

Couldn’t do it nowadays, too old for all that malarkey! :smiley:

now this is indeed happy days how i long for the old days back again.
it wasn’t that bad and we could always cheat a bit back then

to the op
take 3 printouts 1 for you that you must keep for 28 years the other 2 printouts you can use to make roll up ■■■■ with or a joint take your pick

I am wondering if the driver has gone over because its hard to tell on analogue especially if quite a few minor halts in the driving have occurred during what the driver sees as driving time on the chart

The only thing you can do is have say your prayers before they hang you :smiley:
IF the Authorities do a spot check they will ask why didn`t you park up before your time run out,why run to the last minute ■■
IF a check is at base and your Company is found to be an habitual offender then they may take action,but other wise write on the back your reason :imp:

On the printout write the time/location of the delay that held you up.
The law allows all drivers to drive over hours in these cases for the safety of the load and other road users.
For example if all laybys and Msa’s are full,you have no choice but to continue driving to find suitable parking for the night.
On one occasion i parked in a housing estate but moved on by an angry man shouting out his window saying i can not park there.
It has been known for DVSA to verify road closures/severe weather/Rtc/Rta incidents with HATO and the MET office to see if drivers have been honest in the reasons for driving over hours.

Jeez, I’m gonna get locked up if lads are worried about 4 minutes…

Here’s a good one for you, one of our Class 1 ‘Professional’ drivers had a super single let go last week on the M6 near Stafford (about 2 hours drive from Milton Keynes) it took an air bag out as well & he was grossed out at 44 tons.

He started at 04.30 had the breakdown around 14.00 on his way back south from delivering up north somewhere & collecting a load of bricks or slabs.

This driver moans if he ever gets stuck out (not sure why he’s doing distance work, but that’s another story) he wasn’t in his own tractor but he never carries Night out gear anyway.

So they came out to fix the tyre & the fitter discovers the knackered airbag, by now it was 16.00ish, so he was 'Bleating’on the phone for someone to fetch him, 2 hours away, but the office had called out a breakdown company from nearby.

Anyway, apparently our office told him that “It will be ok to precede back to MK when it’s fixed, & they would sign his printout to this effect”
19.30 passed (15 hours into his shift) & they got him rolling around 20.30, finally getting back to the yard around 22.30- 3 hours after he should have pulled his card !!!
I’m not sure if he had it on break whilst he sat on the hard shoulder, but I’m pretty sure that he should have pulled into the next available services or lay by off the motorway (whatever) & had at least 9 hours off & not carried on driving for a further 2 hours !

Question for Tachograph= how many Spanks might he expect from VOS’TAPO if they read his card in the next 12 months ?

I always understood that 15 hours was the limit, (breakdown or no breakdown) not the halfway point !

martinviking:
Question for Tachograph= how many Spanks might he expect from VOS’TAPO if they read his card in the next 12 months ?

I always understood that 15 hours was the limit, (breakdown or no breakdown) not the halfway point !

Insufficient daily rest period by over two hours equates to a £300 fixed penalty.

The fact that he’d broken down would go in his favour but I wouldn’t have thought DVSA would let him off with 2 hours unless there really was nowhere to park up which seems unlikely, there’s a chance they may let him off with a verbal if they were satisfied his excuse was legitimate but I wouldn’t count on it.
Unless he was stopped and found to have consistently broken the rules over a period of time I doubt he would get done after 28 days though.

Obviously the best solution would have been to send someone out to take over the vehicle and get the driver back to base before his time was up, but I suppose in the real world that’s not always as easy as it sounds.

Our CPC trainer said never to worry if it’s an unavoidable. If you are in a slow/non-moving jam and can’t leave the motorway, what can you do? Just get to the next services and write what happened on a print-out. You could ring the orifice to tell them to cover yourself.

PS I’m a newbie (3 weeks!) and am still waiting for Swansea to return my licence with Cat C provisional entitlement so am in 7.5 tonners still, but everyone’s got their opinion…

tachograph:

martinviking:

Insufficient daily rest period by over two hours equates to a £300 fixed penalty.

The fact that he’d broken down would go in his favour but I wouldn’t have thought DVSA would let him off with 2 hours unless there really was nowhere to park up which seems unlikely, there’s a chance they may let him off with a verbal if they were satisfied his excuse was legitimate but I wouldn’t count on it.
Unless he was stopped and found to have consistently broken the rules over a period of time I doubt he would get done after 28 days though.

Obviously the best solution would have been to send someone out to take over the vehicle and get the driver back to base before his time was up, but I suppose in the real world that’s not always as easy as it sounds.

Cheers Tachograph, I told the driver that it was dodgy & he should just park up after it
was fixed but he wouldn’t have any of it & seems to think that because the office told him to drive back that it’s ok.
The office would have assumed that the breakdown would be fixed in good time (not usually what happens) so never sent someone to rescue him & anyway most of us carry night out gear so it’s not normally a problem.
The ultimate answer would be to employ drivers who are versatile & can night out without any problems.
As I already mentioned, this guy doesn’t like nights out, doesn’t like to start early or work late, basically he’d be better off working part time in McDonald’s between 09.00 & 14.00.