4.5 hour drive and then finish

The other day I just squeaked back into the yard and as I parked the counter ticked to 4.5hours. I pulled the card, filled in paperwork and then cleared off home. The next day I started, made a manual entry of about 20minutes other work. My card has been downloaded since and shows no infringements (our system analyses and reports them in real time). My thought at the time was “I’m going home so it doesn’t matter” but having just been looking through the regs, I noticed the part that says “After a driving period of no more than 4.5 hours, a driver must immediately take a break of at least 45 minutes, unless he takes a rest period.” so does that mean that by showing other work instead of ending my shift I have therefore incurred an infringement?

tofer:
The other day I just squeaked back into the yard and as I parked the counter ticked to 4.5hours. I pulled the card, filled in paperwork and then cleared off home. The next day I started, made a manual entry of about 20minutes other work. My card has been downloaded since and shows no infringements (our system analyses and reports them in real time). My thought at the time was “I’m going home so it doesn’t matter” but having just been looking through the regs, I noticed the part that says “After a driving period of no more than 4.5 hours, a driver must immediately take a break of at least 45 minutes, unless he takes a rest period.” so does that mean that by showing other work instead of ending my shift I have therefore incurred an infringement?

Yes, irrespective of the fact that it seems to have not been picked up by your analyasis. But you guessed that already, i’m just confirming it for you :laughing:

Bugger. Oh well, thanks Mike.