4.5 driving time

was chatting to my mate in the pub this afternoon and he was telling me he got a verbal warning off his manager for going 5 hours on his tacho chart without a break
he said according to his transport manager he can do 4,5 hours then has to have a 45 minute break ,

now the day in question he said he’d done 3 hours driving stopped to tip for an hour then drove for another hour when he stopped for his break

now I and he always though that it was 4.5 hours driving before you needed a break and other work wasnt counted or has it changed recently ■■?

Andydisco:
was chatting to my mate in the pub this afternoon and he was telling me he got a verbal warning off his manager for going 5 hours on his tacho chart without a break
he said according to his transport manager he can do 4,5 hours then has to have a 45 minute break ,

now the day in question he said he’d done 3 hours driving stopped to tip for an hour then drove for another hour when he stopped for his break

now I and he always though that it was 4.5 hours driving before you needed a break and other work wasnt counted or has it changed recently ■■?

LEGAL - numpty TM or whoever

Is someone pulling the chain :unamused:

ahhh but how much other work on tacho before he started driving

more than an hour an he wouldhave need ed a wtd break

farmer:
ahhh but how much other work on tacho before he started driving

more than an hour an he would have needed a wtd break

I don’t think that was the issue -

Andydisco:
he got a verbal warning off his manager for going 5 hours on his tacho chart without a break

Andydisco:

Either your mate was getting confused in the pub or his TM doesn’t know what he’s talking about :wink:

cheers chaps I’ll tell him that his boss was wrong :smiley:

thats exactly what I thought so It sounds like his TM hasnt actually got a clue about the hours regulations