39 points and still on the road!

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-13277186

Un-[zb]-believable. What possible “exceptional circumstances” would justify no ban after this number of offences? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :question:

When they eventually kill someone,then there’ll be some buck passing.But it’ll be too late!
You or I couldn’t get away with it!

A tri-axle unit with a tri-axle trailer with 14 defective tyres could get you 42 points and if all awarded on same day and court would only count as three points for totting up purposes, I believe.

It is likely to be some one with enough money to employ Nick Freeman or the like, but it is a bit mad to be allowed that many free pardons. How do they get insured?

they probably dont tell the insurance company about the points.

gogzy:
they probably dont tell the insurance company about the points.

More likely dont bother with insurance, re the point about multiple tyre offences could you also use this for multiple specs offences?

I had 14 on my licence once. 6 from doing a silly speed in a 30 limit and then a year later got caught out on a technicality with no insurance on the vehicle I was driving at the time. I was driving for a living then hence the ‘exceptional circumstances’ factored in by the court and I got 8 points and no ban. Actually obtaining motor insurance wasn’t a problem at all and there was very little additional load on the current premium.

I await the “[zb]s like you should be banned”. :stuck_out_tongue:

Rob K:
I had 14 on my licence once. 6 from doing a silly speed in a 30 limit and then a year later got caught out on a technicality with no insurance on the vehicle I was driving at the time. I was driving for a living then hence the ‘exceptional circumstances’ factored in by the court and I got 8 points and no ban. Actually obtaining motor insurance wasn’t a problem at all and there was very little additional load on the current premium.

There was a bloke in the pub with a similar story, various snide comments were passed culminating in

“You should be bloody well hung”

To this his missus piped up and said

“He Is!” :stuck_out_tongue:

Probably in the same Freemasons lodge as the magistrate.

Wheel Nut:

Rob K:

There was a bloke in the pub with a similar story, various snide comments were passed culminating in

“You should be bloody well hung”

To this his missus piped up and said

“He Is!” :stuck_out_tongue:

hahaha

Rob K:

[zb]s like you should be banned. Always happy to please! :laughing:

Now the secret is out,i have 39 points.

And there I was ■■■■■■■■ myself that I now have 6 points! 3 for speeding and 3 for defective tyre. Mind you being 23 it did add to my insurance. The insurance company I was with for 3 years wanted to add over £1000 for the points. Went with another company and only had to add £200!!!

The thing I’ve noticed is that generally speaking the only reason you’ll get points for whatever is because you sped and drew attention to yourself. My last conversation with the police he said “I’m going to let you off for the 50 in the 30 and 85 in the 60 but you will be getting points for the tyre!”

A bit unfair considering it was 2AM :unamused:

The Saxmachine:
And there I was [zb] myself that I now have 6 points! 3 for speeding and 3 for defective tyre. Mind you being 23 it did add to my insurance. The insurance company I was with for 3 years wanted to add over £1000 for the points. Went with another company and only had to add £200!!!

The thing I’ve noticed is that generally speaking the only reason you’ll get points for whatever is because you sped and drew attention to yourself. My last conversation with the police he said “I’m going to let you off for the 50 in the 30 and 85 in the 60 but you will be getting points for the tyre!”

He let you off with speeding and he’s a bit unfair? :unamused:

The Sarge:

Rob K:

[zb]s like you should be banned. Always happy to please! :laughing:

Beat me to it! :grimacing:

44 Tonne Ton:

The Saxmachine:
And there I was [zb] myself that I now have 6 points! 3 for speeding and 3 for defective tyre. Mind you being 23 it did add to my insurance. The insurance company I was with for 3 years wanted to add over £1000 for the points. Went with another company and only had to add £200!!!

Tehe

44 Tonne Ton:

The Saxmachine:

Yeah very unfair, where was he supposed to get a new tyre at 2AM? :smiley:

DadsRetired:

44 Tonne Ton:

The Saxmachine:

In the boot wrapped around the spare wheel? :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Coffeeholic:

DadsRetired:

44 Tonne Ton:

The Saxmachine:

Would have if I had a spare wheel!

The Saxmachine:

Coffeeholic:

DadsRetired:

44 Tonne Ton:

The Saxmachine:

Would have if I had a spare wheel!

I will make the assumption in this case that you were acting in your capacity as a professional driver when tugged and say tut, tut!