32T roro guvvy job anyone?

The authority said: "Not only is this unsightly, it is likely to cost upwards of £10,000 to remove
bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-b … e-66338874

Wow! Who are the council’s contractors that they would charge £10K for a ten minute job?
I’m certain someone here could pick that 40-yarder up for a bit less than that?

Note they said to “remove” it, not for any processing costs, if there were in fact any costs involved in sorting out the waste.

Fairly distinctive paint job on the skip, shouldn’t be too hard to ID the original owner

Could be costly to remove AND dispose 'cos once someone hooks up to it it’s their responsibility to ‘safely and legally’ dispose of the contents and Sploom’s mate knows what could be hiding under that top layer of soil.
However if they are paying £10000 to remove to the council yard for disposal I’m digging out my CPC, renewing my operators licence and buying Zac’s old hook loader!

Could cost more if asbestos is found in it Cheers Ray

This is becoming more and more common. Laybys often filled with abandoned trailers or just full of waste people have tipped…
■■■■■.

Especially when the answer for most councils seems to be just remove as many laybys as possible… which makes parking even more of a ball ache.

Doesn’t help when Manchester council now limit you to the amount of times you can visit a tip theve installed anpr cameras go to many times a year get a fine.
Go in anything over 6ft 6 have to pay.
Go in a van of any description have to pay even car sized vans.
Double axles trailers are banned.

Suez who run local tip wanted charge everyone to use it due to higher cost of processing the waste etc.
Council said no you placed a contract you can’t charge.
Hence they come to a compromise above. Everyone but a car pays.

So what you supposed to do really obv pay man in a van on Facebook etc who dumps it

£120 a tonne to take to landfill so god knows where they get £10000 from. At least they didn’t tip it in the lay-by

stargazer148:
Could cost more if asbestos is found in it Cheers Ray

More than £10,000? I think not. I have a (DGSA) client who handles asbestos, they certainly are not charging those kids of sums for entire 40-yarders full of UN 2212 (the PGII form of asbestos).

If the asbestos was fibrous and not correctly packaged then only some cowboy outfit would have done that, and whoever had handled it is going to be suffering (karmic) health problems. If it was full of unpackaged fibrous asbestos no-one is going to be repackaging it, they would just pump the container full of dilute PVA adhesive and put the whole skip in the ground, at a licenced disposal site.

Night-and-day:
£120 a tonne to take to landfill so god knows where they get £10000 from. At least they didn’t tip it in the lay-by

the cost for the council doing anything is usually 10 - 20x the actual cost of having something done.
as most people know local government just like the actual government is extremely ineffective and wasteful with money.