315 tyres

Anyone running an 8x4 tipper on 315’s as opposed to 295’s. if so can you see any benefit ?

don’t see any benefit myself, when payload is king 315’s are heavier than 295’s
I have a 6 wheeler with 315’s on the front and 1100’s on the back, this is a pain as I now need to keep 4 spare wheels as my unit runs 295’s, the trailer runs s/singles, the haulage firm where I do a fair amount of work still run 8 wheelers with 1100’s on the drive axle

More rubber more money, isn’t that how it works.

Thx that is just what I thought. 8.3 kg per tyre x 12 more or less 100 kg. The new chassis I ordered with 295’s all round has appeared with 315’s in stead

lets hope your local Renault dealer sorts this out for you duck.when is new truck on road.? :frowning:

A lad on muckaway runs everything 315/80, says it helps stop bricks between the tyres and they run without looking overloaded…

Tarmac duck:
The new chassis I ordered with 295’s all round has appeared with 315’s in stead

They did that to me too :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

They do last longer on a Renault 8x4…Mate got 295s, I got 315s…Rolling distance is further on 315`s obviously

Thx for your replies, I am still insisting that they replace them as per the quote they are not happy but are going to do it. I can not see any reel advantage, more weight more fuel and more expensive to replace. The truck is bodied up and due on the road sept 1st.

Tarmac duck:
Thx for your replies, I am still insisting that they replace them as per the quote they are not happy but are going to do it. I can not see any reel advantage, more weight more fuel and more expensive to replace. The truck is bodied up and due on the road sept 1st.

I negotiated a “financial settlement” :wink: when they did mine !

Interesting stuff thx Dennis could you elaborate ? Pm if you wish thx

I pm`d you tarmac duck regarding the tyres

Replied.

Tarmac duck:

I don’t blame you for making them change them back to 295s if that’s what you ordered that’s what you want. Saying that, 315s seem to be standard on Renault chassis don’t they.
I hope you’ll post some piccies of your new Renault when you get it Tarmac duck & let us know if you’re pleased with it.

BB

I think your right BB they do seem to be standard but I am sticking with 295’s. there is still a lot of folk round here on 11 and 12 hundreds. We found out this week that Bridgestone recommend a 9’’ rim so they only need to change the tyres.