30th june - examiners on strike

Yes, the clue is in the title!

In their wisdom, several public service workers’ unions have organised a strike for Thursday 30th June. WIthout doubt, some examiners will be on strike. But, historically, this won’t be supported 100%.

For newbies taking a test on this day the best advice is to go for test. The system is loaded against you. DSA aren’t obliged to tell you that your test won’t be running. But if the examiner was there for your test and you don’t turn up, you’ve just lost your test fee.

I’m sorry but you can’t win. Trainers struggle with this situation as the newbie isn’t that happy to pay for the drive to the test centre for it to be called off. On the other hand, why should the trainer work for nothing?

Each trainer will have their own policy on how to deal with this. It might be worth enquiring.

Good luck all. Pete :laughing: :laughing:

LoL few :open_mouth: that was a close one Peter my test is on the 29th june how lucky was that ? after all the messing about with JCP . lvp and the Trainer they gave me . :laughing: oh i would not have been a happy chappy .

Close one for me too!!! …got my c+e test on the Friday (1st July). :sunglasses:.

I feel sorry for anyone who does have their test on the Thursday…messed around as usual by other people :unamused: