3 x 15 hrs shifts every week

Just a little puzzled and need pointing right direction. i work 5 days on 1 day off 6 days on 2 days off meaning 1st week i have 24hrs off then 2nd week 48hrs off. could i leagally do 3 x 15 hr shifts each week??

I been on phone to vosa the woman i spoke to said YES i can where as some of post on here state max 3 x 15hrs shifts between every 2 weekly rest periods.

thanks in advance

Not sure about 3 x 15 but the 24 off one week then 48 next week doesnt seem right.

You should have 45 each week but this can be reduced to minimum of 45.

However the 21 hours you reduced must be made up before the end of 3rd week (all in one go i think) so on the 3rd week you would have to have 45 + 21 hours weekly break. 66 hours in total.

If I am wrong I’m sure i,ll get shot down in flames and i apologize . :blush:

Thats how i read the rules.

ST3:
Just a little puzzled and need pointing right direction. i work 5 days on 1 day off 6 days on 2 days off meaning 1st week i have 24hrs off then 2nd week 48hrs off. could i leagally do 3 x 15 hr shifts each week??

I been on phone to vosa the woman i spoke to said YES i can where as some of post on here state max 3 x 15hrs shifts between every 2 weekly rest periods.

thanks in advance

From what you’ve posted, it seems that you’re most likely not complying with the EU regulations on weekly rest.

You’re allowed to reduce your daily rest to 9 hours 3 times between 2 weekly rest periods, so you can have a 15 hour spread-over 3 times between 2 weekly rest periods.

You are allowed to reduce the weekly rest to a minimum of 24 hours every other week (00:00 Monday to 24:00 Sunday), any reduction below 45 hours in the weekly rest should be paid back by the end of the third week following the week in which you had a reduced weekly rest.
In any two consecutive weeks you should have at least one full weekly rest (45 hours) and one reduced weekly rest (24 hours minimum).
Compensation for a reduced weekly rest can be added onto any rest period of at least 9 hours.

i would be more concerned about sorting the weekly rest out first before you get parked up by vosa. once you’ve done that, the other problems should work themselves out.

I would be looking for another job.
Unless your on mega money.There is more to life than working your nuts off.

Tonyb

**:D :smiley: :smiley: Welcome tonyb70 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:**

If you click the link in my signature it will lead you to an index where you can access a lot of info which may be of use to you :smiley: :smiley:

tachograph:
You’re allowed to reduce your daily rest to 9 hours 3 times between 2 weekly rest periods, so you can have a 15 hour spread-over 3 times between 2 weekly rest periods.

I do believe the law changed awhile ago, and there is no need to compensate if you reduce to 9 hours 3 times a week, therefore you can do15 hours 3 times every week.

ST3:

In answering this I’m going to assume that the week you have “2 days off” you actually have those 48h plus some hours from the end of the previous day and some hours at the start of the next day and therefore have enough more than 45h to compensate you for the reduced rest the previous week (which I also assume is 24h plus some bits from the other days).

Given that assumption, YES, you can do 3*15h inbetween weekly rests and therefore 3 of your 5 days on can be 15h and 3 of the 6 days on can too.

Paul

daleyboy:

tachograph:

I do believe the law changed awhile ago, and there is no need to compensate if you reduce to 9 hours 3 times a week, therefore you can do15 hours 3 times every week.

There’s no need to compensate for reduced daily rest.

The exact regulation stipulates that you can reduce daily rest to a minimum of 9 hours three times between weekly rest periods, for many people that would mean three times a week but not for all, in fact if you had a weekly rest period or a reduced weekly rest period say Thursday/Friday it would be possible to legally have 5 or 6 reduced daily rests in a week (00:00 Monday to 24:00 Sunday).

There’s no law that say’s you can’t do 15 hrs a day, everyday, just make sure it’s POA and not driving time making up the hrs :bulb:

Mikejk:
There’s no law that say’s you can’t do 15 hrs a day, everyday, just make sure it’s POA and not driving time making up the hrs :bulb:

Yes there is, there’s the law that says you must have 11h of rest in every 24h which means for a 13h maximum working day. One exception to this is that you can reduce the rest to 9h (and therefore the working day to 15h) three times between weekly rest periods. The other is that if you have a break of at least 3h during the working day you can reduce your rest to 9h without it counting as being reduced.

Recording lots of POA does not enable you to reduce your rest to 9h every single day.

Paul

repton:

Mikejk:

Yes there is, there’s the law that says you must have 11h of rest in every 24h which means for a 13h maximum working day. One exception to this is that you can reduce the rest to 9h (and therefore the working day to 15h) three times between weekly rest periods. The other is that if you have a break of at least 3h during the working day you can reduce your rest to 9h without it counting as being reduced.

Recording lots of POA does not enable you to reduce your rest to 9h every single day.

Paul

You mean stick your tacho on rest instead of POA whilst your waiting 3 hrs for the bozo’s to unload you :bulb:

You can actually do 6 15 hour shifts in a week !!.

jammymutt:
You can actually do 6 15 hour shifts in a week !!.

You can if you have a reduced weekly rest around Thursday, or if you have split daily rests, or a combination of reduced daily rests and split daily rests.

Mikejk:
You mean stick your tacho on rest instead of POA whilst your waiting 3 hrs for the bozo’s to unload you :bulb:

Yes, if you have a break of 3h or more in the day then you can work a 15h shift without it counting as a reduced rest and therefore do 6 shifts like that between weekly rests if you so wish.

Paul

who in their right mind would want to do 15 hour shifts :open_mouth: thats like going back to the dark ages with all this health and safety going around i’m amazed that you can still be driving a truck after being on duty for 13/ 14 / 15 hours now that is scarry

you can work 3x15 every week. Your daily rest can be reduced without paying back. Your weekly rest shouldn’t be thought of as 1 day or 2 days off but the actual number of hours.
If i finish 9am saturday and start 6am monday although i’ve had 1 day off i’ve actually had 45 hours which the regulations say i must take.
I hope this helps