3 week trampers

Just wondering how many international trampers book into a hotel for their full weekly rests, as only a daily rest and a reduced weekly rest can be taken in a vehicle.

Strictly speaking you are right, although I’m not aware of any country which enforces this.

As long as you are able to do as you wish with your 45 hrs, there is nothing to stop you from taking it using the cab as your sleeping provision.

When did euro work always used the truck for weekly rest no bother

sayersy:
Just wondering how many international trampers book into a hotel for their full weekly rests, as only a daily rest and a reduced weekly rest can be taken in a vehicle.

ollocks

cracker-bar:
As long as you are able to do as you wish with your 45 hrs, there is nothing to stop you from taking it using the cab as your sleeping provision.

Sorry, but not true. Chapter 2, article 8, Para 8 of EC 561/2006 says “Where a driver chooses to do this, a daily rest or a reduced weekly rest can be taken in a vehicle, as long as it is stationary and fitted with suitable sleeping facilities for each driver.” The fact that it distinguishes between the two types of rest period, and mentions one and not the other, means one is allowed and one isn’t. A reduced weekly rest can be taken in a vehicle, a full weeky rest can’t. This is a direct quote from the EU regulations, and not an interpretation from the RHA, FTA or the Eddie Stobart handbook.

mb14:

sayersy:

ollocks

Agreed mb14 I did it for best part of 10yrs no probs.
regards dave

eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/ … 32006R0561
Ok, I’m not going to argue. The link to the legislation, which changed in 2006, is there for you to read. If this affects you, you may want to take legal advice, rather than the “I’ve always done it this way, so it must be legal” approach

Who can check i was 45 hours in truck.or not??legaly or not but if you stop at aire in FRANCE,AND you can see plenty d4ivers who stop for 45 hours

Andrejs:
Who can check i was 45 hours in truck.or not??legaly or not but if you stop at aire in FRANCE,AND you can see plenty d4ivers who stop for 45 hours

That’s why I asked. I know this is probably the most ignored piece of drivers hours regulations, so I was wondering how many people stuck to it. Or how many employers ignore it to avoid the expense.

sayersy:

Andrejs:

That’s why I asked. I know this is probably the most ignored piece of drivers hours regulations, so I was wondering how many people stuck to it. Or how many employers ignore it to avoid the expense.

so if you get out of truck and sleep on grass verge at side of it that’s OK :smiley:

green456:

sayersy:

Andrejs:

so if you get out of truck and sleep on grass verge at side of it that’s OK :smiley:

If that’s your choice, yes. :smiley: the regulations don’t say where you can take your rest, only that you can’t take a full weekly rest in a vehicle.

yeah, but must be taken in a tent, i know its true cos i heard a driver say it in a rest room. :laughing:

I heard it from the guy next door’s best mate, who’s brother lives next door to a solicitors…so it MUST be true! :smiley:

I heard it here, just now…YOU decide :laughing: :laughing:

It is true, you are not supposed to have a weekly rest of 45 hours in your cab, but it is widely disregarded by all the authorities, in fact a VOSA person mentioned it to me two years ago at a Truck meet.

Sapper

What you think,who to many drivers want hotel???drivers want smoked near.drink bear.talk to driversbut in hotelmust follow rulles.

Its a stupid rule, people live in caravans ffs :unamused: :laughing:

Read this …viewtopic.php?f=3&t=94482&p=1367690&hilit=full+weekly+rest#p1367405

sayersy:

I’ll give you a tip for free, don’t listen to crap drivers talk about in waiting rooms, I’ve seen many a forigner parked up by VOSA as it was with their wheels bound with a wire to prevent them moving off, they were parked up for multiple days, I doubt very much that they took him to the nearest BnB! Oh and just to let you know, police don’t cone bays off if your out of time at an RDC either, its all bull shine!