3 Tacho questions

1. I’ve looked back at last weeks charts and notice that all my work was timed as GMT. What should an analogue clock be set at?

2. Friday’s chart has speed spikes that appear to have been traced when the battery was flat and I was trying to start the lorry. Should I make a manual entry on the back or would it be self-explanatory (no distance covered).

3. What details should I fill in on a chart for a rest day?

Thanks.

1. Country of registration for the vehicle, which in your case should be GMT+1 at the moment.

2. I would, otherwise it could look like you had been removing teh fuse in order to hide the fact you were moving.

3. None, no chart is required for a rest day.

Hmm.

1. I think I better make a note on the back. (Must have been digital tachographs and UTC time rattling around my head, obviously no-one had bothered to change it for a whole week.) :blush:
  2. I think I better make a manual entry. :blush:
  3. So it’s only necessary if I did Other Work or POA in the fixed week (0000 Mon - 2359 Sun)? Sitting on my backside doesn’t count. :laughing:

Just a brief explanation and a signature is fine?

Thanks.

1. Filling a chart in for days you don’t drive is only required for days you work for another non transport employer in a week when you also drive under EU rules, name, start and finish times and the date are all that is required on these, or days you work for your transport employer, again in a week where you drive under EU rules, but don’t drive on that day, or have access to a vehicle. I think it is best to account for your time manually on these charts, showing work, POA and breaks so the WTD can be accounted for.