3 reduced rests per week

I’m currently on a CPC course and we’ve been told the the 3 reduced daily rests is per fortnight not per week. Apparently this is coming in force in September but if your pulled after doing this course they will fine you !!

Now I’ve not heard of this coming into effect, anyone know any details ■■

Probably a load of waffle

Definite rubbish. How can the law be applied differently if you’ve sat a particular course from a single company? Who’s giving the course? Not competent.

you want to ask who is changing the law on that then, because unless all the e.u states agree and the ruling is passed in the e.u parliament its complete bull, how the hell do some of these trainer and I use that term very loosely get away with teaching this crap :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I hope you told him what a load of crap he was spouting, I’d have just got up and walked out and reported the guy for being useless and incompetent at the job he’s being paid to do.

RDC waiting room bull manure.

Darb:
I’m currently on a CPC course and we’ve been told the the 3 reduced daily rests is per fortnight not per week. Apparently this is coming in force in September but if your pulled after doing this course they will fine you !!

and this is the reason why drivers think the dcpc is crap because them who are supposed too be training us dont have a frigging clue themselves

Darb:
anyone know any details ■■

Yes, your trainer is a turkey. Just like our trainers who tell us we need 30 mins break at 6 hours and 45 minutes at 9 :unamused:

Am I right in thinking that you don’t need to do a course to a be able to become as DCPC trainer?? any tom ■■■■ or harry can start up and “train” people up on the rules and regs of the road haulage industry whilst making a tidy buck in the process?? I stand to be corrected of course but reading most of the DCPC posts on this forum they do follow a similar trend and that is the incompetence of the “trainers” doing these courses.

Terry T:

Darb:

Yes, your trainer is a turkey. Just like our trainers who tell us we need 30 mins break at 6 hours and 45 minutes at 9 :unamused:

That is actually correct as it is the leagal requirement for mobile workers regarding the WTD.

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

Terry T:

Darb:

That is actually correct as it is the leagal requirement for mobile workers regarding the WTD.

15 mins for 6 hours and 45 mins for 9 hours

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

Terry T:

Darb:

Not correct in the way that’s worded

scotstrucker:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

Terry T:

Darb:

15 mins for 6 hours and 45 mins for 9 hours

not fully correct

ROG:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

Terry T:

Darb:

Not correct in the way that’s worded

Doesn’t matter how it’s worded Rog, you don’t need to have had 30 minutes break by 6 hours regardless of shift length.

The trainer is a ■■■■. That is all.

Darb:

Now it would be worth being polite and asking the training supplier to provide with details or information relating to these so called changes.
once he cant provide this information and they have uploaded your hours I would be contacting the authority responsible for licencing the trainer.

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
Am I right in thinking that you don’t need to do a course to a be able to become as DCPC trainer?? any tom ■■■■ or harry can start up and “train” people up on the rules and regs of the road haulage industry whilst making a tidy buck in the process?? I stand to be corrected of course but reading most of the DCPC posts on this forum they do follow a similar trend and that is the incompetence of the “trainers” doing these courses.

not quite …
You obviously have to be qualified. there is no requirement though to have any driving experience or any other actual physical experience in anything your teaching.
A DCPC instructor will not need to hold a DCPC qualification in respect as the same as a driver.
A DCPC instructor who needs to hold DCPC qualification card to drive will need to take the same tests or required training as any other driver takes ====in other words he / she cant have automatic rights just because they are a qualified trainer.

I did my DCPC with a local training company who was spot on apart from the usual WTD 6hr rule. the trainers are ex drivers who also deliver a good LGV course of training.

Darb:
I’m currently on a CPC course and we’ve been told the the 3 reduced daily rests is per fortnight not per week. Apparently this is coming in force in September but if your pulled after doing this course they will fine you !! Now I’ve not heard of this coming into effect, anyone know any details ■■

seeing as the TACHO regs have only changed three times in this country! :laughing: 1974, 1984 and 2003 off the top of my head the blokes talking BS! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: you can have FOUR 9 hours off BETWEEN weekly rest periods :wink: IF one day you’ve a SPLIT DAILY REST WITH A THREE HOUR UNINTERRUPTED REST! :smiley: just goes to show DCPC IS NOT NEEDED! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
Am I right in thinking that you don’t need to do a course to a be able to become as DCPC trainer??

You are correct, I believe JAUPT like you to have had previous experience in instruction, you could have been an instructor in knitting or making cup cakes just as long as you have experience in instruction.

14 on, 10 off, 10 on, 9 off, 14 on. That’s my fortnightly entitlement used up in 3 shifts if that guy is correct. Fortunately that is not the case so i wont lose a lot of money next week since i do this every thurs/fri/sat plus a couple of easy runs on sun/mon