3 rd exit at roundabount

about 1 and 2 exit easy for any drivers.but when lorry turn right (basicly it is 3 th exit),different drivers do different.driver taked righT possition turn right .but AFTER IN some roundabout when you approach midl of second exit you will be in left line to 3 exit(GOOD) ,some roundabout you will be in right line to 3 exit,and some drivers just after 2 exit cross line and moved lorry to left line before 3 th exit .ARE THIS FULL LEGALLY OR NOT CROSS LINE JUST AFTER 2 EXIT BEFORE 3 TH EXIT.SAME THIS PICTURE.185 direct.gov.uk/en/TravelAndTr … 38.BECAUSE if change line cant see in the mirrors if any car will be in left line.
what you do 1.cross line betwen 2th and 3 th exit??
2.care on drive to 3 exit in right line and after change to left line??
3.or you taked clossed to midl of 2th exit ang go ■■?
EXPECCIALLY AT DRIVING ASSESTMENT.
P.S. WHEN I HAD TRAINING FOR CLASS 1,CLASS 2(ALL TESTS PASSED IN UK),INSTRUKTOR TALK DON T CHANGE LINE AT ROUNDABOUND).
whis site is correct to lorry driver 2pass.co.uk/roundabout.htm#.UCF6wtVdyFA or picture number 12
bitingpoint.co.uk/roundabouts

Are you orys

If on an assessment I would drive as your driving instructor taught you to unless the assessor tells you otherwise. I did one once and the assessor told me to turn right using the left hand lane because they had had a couple of accidents there and thought it was safer to protect the nearside. Every other roundabout I used the correct lane. Assessments aren’t done to catch you out, they just want to make sure you’re a safe driver.

Lane discipline is truly awful most of the time and you’ll always see ‘wanderers’ all over the place including LGV’s! Additionally, why do people indicate right when in fact they are going straight on■■? :imp: :grimacing: :wink:

I prefer to stay to the left, but allways have my window open to wave at the skateboards I’ve cut up :open_mouth: , I mean have stopped to let me through. allways get hoots of acknowledgment, giving the oppotunity to wave back hence allways have your window open :wink:

truth is you have to assess each one as you aproach, most urban round abouts are not designed for large vehicles, and most car drivers dont seem to actualy know what lane to be in anyway. if I think i need to use the left lane for right turn to get the truck round then I’ll do that or straddle both entry lanes. if there is enough room to be in the right hand lane on entry then do that, and then move left as you pass the last exit before your own, well works for me anyway :wink:

Lane discipline is truly awful most of the time and you’ll always see ‘wanderers’ all over the place including LGV’s! Additionally, why do people indicate right when in fact they are going straight on■■?

you been following me :open_mouth:

that right hand indicator is truly annoying, as bad as those that dont indicate at all :unamused:

the usual rule shown to me.
if the exit is past 1 oclock, then it’s the right hand lane, otherwise keep left.
but in reality, if i’m turning right, then i use both lanes. annoying for some, but safe.

limeyphil:
the usual rule shown to me.
if the exit is past 1 oclock, then it’s the right hand lane, otherwise keep left.
but in reality, if i’m turning right, then i use both lanes. annoying for some, but safe.

Gosh! You are old!! :wink:

Think you were probably taught by the same guy as me! :grimacing:

Safe - always my watchword.

nearly there:
Are you orys

NO

yes some time if i need turn right i come to roundaboud which have three line(midl line have just straight direction),but i stay in midl line.because if i stay in themidl line and will be not possible taked 3 th exit,i can stop,swith on right indicaters,CAN CHECK PROPERLY MIRRORS),and change safety line.but if you in right line ,and need change to left line ,can t check [properly mirrors.in some villages it is OK,not big traffic any way.more problem at the busy roundabount in the city

Andrejs:
yes some time if i need turn right i come to roundaboud which have three line(midl line have just straight direction),but i stay in midl line.because if i stay in themidl line and will be not possible taked 3 th exit,i can stop,swith on right indicaters,CAN CHECK PROPERLY MIRRORS),and change safety line.but if you in right line ,and need change to left line ,can t check [properly mirrors.in some villages it is OK,not big traffic any way.more problem at the busy roundabount in the city

Just use as much road space as you see fit. At the moment I’m driving a rigid, but if I can anticipate what a car driver it up to, like trying to slide down the off side of my truck then I’ll block his path so I have all the room I need

If in doubt ■■ 'em!

If in doubt stay left its better to ■■■■ them of than squash them

how does one pronounce 3th?
is it:
thrice?
threeth?
thth?

enough ■■■■ taking from me. i’ll let you off, as you’re one of those foreign devils.
it’s 3rd, (third) exit. :wink:

thank you if you show my mistakes.may be i am foreigh.,bad,good ,or crayzy.but you English people as well make hundreds mistakes,and to many English people have very bad writing,no problem about slang,but mistakes…,not just drivers(drivers any country basicly dont have good education,no high level of cultural,otr intiligent),as well some British doctor cant give prescription with out gramatic mistakes.

Mr B:
If in doubt stay left its better to ■■■■ them of than squash them

Agreed.

And as for the comments from Andejs about our English written grammar and spelling, I do believe, good chap, that my English is near perfect.

My driving isn’t but that’s a different matter :wink:

If in doubt straddle… Although if you apply this theory to anything other than lanes approaching roundabouts you may get arrested.

Andrejs:
thank you if you show my mistakes.may be i am foreigh.,bad,good ,or crayzy.but you English people as well make hundreds mistakes,and to many English people have very bad writing,no problem about slang,but mistakes…,not just drivers(drivers any country basicly dont have good education,no high level of cultural,otr intiligent),as well some British doctor cant give prescription with out gramatic mistakes.

How to make friends and influence people! :laughing:

It is you asking silly questions, if you want an answer, you will have to put up with the quaint British method of ■■■■■■■■■■■

Normally the 12.00 rule applies to the exits after straight ahead, but in the UK we drive on the left, so unless lane markings advise you otherwise, you keep left. Lane markings on a roundabout are only a guide, not a brick wall

Wheel Nut:

Andrejs:

How to make friends and influence people! :laughing:

It is you asking silly questions, if you want an answer, you will have to put up with the quaint British method of ■■■■■■■■■■■

Normally the 12.00 rule applies to the exits after straight ahead, but in the UK we drive on the left, so unless lane markings advise you otherwise, you keep left. Lane markings on a roundabout are only a guide, not a brick wall

+1